Rashmi Singh Somvanshi is an actress, known for Bin Kuch Kahe (2017), G Kutta Se(2017), A Billion Colour Story (2016) and Piya Basanti Re (2014). Rashmi Somvanshi has been part of Balaji Telefilms, not as an actor but as a Creative Head. She has studied journalism and mass communication from Amity University. Intially she got a placement in Balaji Telefilms as an intern. Her first show was the event Global Indian and TV Honours wherein she was the Creative Head. Somvanshi was also the Creative Head on the show Tere Liye. Post that, She worked with Ekta as her associate for 5-6 months. She is from Lucknow and currently living in Mumbai.
Rashmi Somvanshi Early Life:
Rashmi was born in a small district Pratapgarh in UP, since her father was in army, she spent initial few years in Jabalpur, then for some personal reasons, he had to take VRS, so they moved to Noida, She finished her schooling and college from there, She was always good in studies and cultural activities and for a very long time her father wanted her to become IAS officer, to his disappointment, She graduated in Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication, and went on doing specialization in Film Making, She was always doing something, short films, documentaries, internships whenever she could, street plays etc, and got her placement in Balaji Telefilms and came to Mumbai.
Rashmi Somvanshi Career:
It’s not only Balaji Telefilms, but Rashmi has also been part of Paramhans Creations, wherein she was the Creative Head of the movie Issaq. In her three years of work experience with the company, she was also associated with the movie G – A Wanton Heart or G – Kutta Se wherein she acted in it. And this is where she got to realize that she had more to give as an actor.
Rashmi loves to write and even now, keeps herself busy writing poetries. Everything about working behind the camera fascinates her. She is also writing a movie concept and pitching it to few production houses.
She don’t believe in goals. Her interests keep changing with time. The bigger aspect is that she wants to do something that excites her and keeps her satisfied. Overall, the aim is to be associated with film making and everything about it. She wants to act with her idol and inspiration, Irrfan Khan.
On her role in Bin Kuch Kahe, the girl states, “The character of Abha Kohli is very close to my heart. She is a very relatable character, who has grown wise and mature with her own understanding of life. She is a girl who has faulted and learnt by it. She is now quite intelligent and wants to hold her family together.”
Rashmi Somvanshi Facts:
- During her college days, she worked on a news channel as an intern, and, later on, become part of a production team in the Commonwealth Games.
- In 2010, Rashmi started working at an entertainment company ‘Balaji Telefilms’ with Ekta Kapoor as her associate creative director for 5 to 6 months.
- She has been worked as a creative director in the TV serial ‘Tere Liye’.
- In 2013, she was worked with ‘Paramhans Creations’ as a creative director for the movie ‘Issaq’.
- Rashmi Somvanshie- Issaq
- She started her acting career in 2015.
- Rashmi has appeared in the movies like ‘A Billion Colour Story’, ‘G Kutta Se’, ‘G – A Wanton Heart’, etc.
- Her debut movie ‘G- A wanton Heart’ was nominated in the New York Film Festival, Chicago Asian Film Festival, and Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival in the Gold Category.
- Apart from movies, Rashmi has also worked in the TV serials- ‘Bin Kuch Kahe’, ‘Piya Basanti Re’, etc.
- She has also featured in a few web series and short film.
- Rashmi is a devotee of Lord ‘Shiva’.
|Full Name||Rashmi Singh Somvanshi|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Creative Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: G – A Wanton Heart (2015)|
TV: Bin Kuch Kahe (2016)
|Date of Birth||July 18|
|Birthplace||Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Hobbies||Writing Poetry, Cooking, Singing, Listening to Music, Painting|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known|
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Not Known|
Sister– Name Not Known
|Favourite Food(s)||Grilled Rosemary Chicken, Aloo Parantha, Pasta, Grilled Sandwich, Momos|
|Favourite Nut||Lotus Seed|
|Favourite Desserts||Cottage Cheese Dessert, Besan Ka Halwa|
|Favourite Drinks||Tea, Milk (Amul)|
|Favourite Actors||Irrfan Khan, Vinod Khanna|
|Favourite Song||‘Awaara Hoon’ from the film ‘Awaara’ (1951)|