Chitra Tripathi is one of the well-known faces in the Journalism Industry. She is a famous news anchor and editor who mostly appears in debate sessions for the “Aaj Tak” news channel. She is a confident girl who is mainly popular for her bold and confident debates on the channel. Chitra Tripathi joined Sahara Samay news channel as a producer and news anchor. She also used to host the prime show “Betiyan” in the channel, for this show she gained a huge appreciation and fan following, and for her story “Hindustan Ka Mission Jai Hind” with the channel also received huge appreciation from everyone and even from Indian Army.
She was born in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. She is currently working with the AAJ TAK news channel. She started her career by joining Sahara India. After that, she worked with many news channels like ETV News, India News, and News 24. She did her education from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. After completing her primary education, she went to Deep Dyal Upadhaya Gorakhpur University for pursuing his graduation.
Since childhood she was inclined towards defence and always wanted to join the Indian Army. In her early schooling days she also paticipated in NCC camps and activities and also bagged a gold medal at the Republic Day Parade in Delhi.
She has done her masters in Defense Studies. She is married to Atul Aggarwal. He is also a popular News journalist and Anchor. In 2015, Chitra was appreciated by presenting her the prestigious Ramnath Goenka awards. She also displayed her interest in NCC and in fact, she earned an award in that field. She gained working experience in several news channels like Sahara India, Doordarshan, News24, etc., Her marriage is a love cum arrange marriage.
Chitra Tripathi Siblings, Family, and Friends
The journalist belongs to a middle-class family in Gorakhpur, her father’s and mother’s name is not known even there is no information about their profession. Chitra also has three younger siblings, her brothers Amit Tripathi and Aditya Tripathi and her younger sister Shweta Tripathi who is also a famous news anchor.
Chitra Tripathi’s marital status is married. She is married to her long time boyfriend and colleague Atul Agrawal. The couple got married on 23 November 2008 after dating each other for a long time. The couple met each other on the sets of a news channel as her husband Atul Agrawal is also a news anchor by profession.
The couple is blessed with a boy named Aum Agrawal, the family looks cute together and currently living happily in Delhi, India.
Chitra Tripathi Net Worth
Chitra Tripathi’s net worth is $0.5 Million at the age of 35 years old. Chitra Tripathi earned the money being a professional News Anchor. Chitra Tripathi is from India.
Chitra Tripathi Career:
In 2016 the journalist joined one of the most popular news channels “ABP News” and hosted many prime shows in the channel like “2019 Kaun Jeetega”, “Kaun Banega Mukhyamantri”, “Modi Ke 4 Sal”, and many other popular debate shows. She also hosted a weekly prime debate show “Press Conference” in the channel. In no time she becomes one of the most popular TV anchors in the channel. After working for 3 years in “ABP News” Chitra left the channel in 2019.
Chitra Tripathi Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Family, Profile
|Chitra Tripathi Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Chitra Tripathi|
|Profession||Journalist, Scriptwriter, Producer|
|Age||36 Years (as in 2021)|
|Date of Birth||11 May 1986|
|Birthplace||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign||Taurus|
|Residence||Supertech Eco Village -1 Residential Apartments, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Height and Weight|
|Height in Centimeters||168 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.68 m|
|Height in Feet/ Inches||5′ 6″|
|Weight in Kilograms||65 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||143 lbs|
|Famous For||For her role as Diana Prince (Wonder Woman) in the superhero film ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)’|
|Education||Post Graduate (Defence Studies)|
|Alma Matter||Deendayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University|
|Sister||DShweta Tripathi (Younger, News Anchor)|
|Bother||Amit Tripathi (Younger), Aditya Tripathi (Younger)|
|Husband/Boyfriend||Atul Agarwal (News Anchor)|
|Net Worth & Salary|
|Net Worth||$0.5 million|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Movie(s)||Harishankar Parsai|
|Hobbies||Reading Novels, Travelling, Cooking, Gymming|
|Controversies||In 2016, she registered a complaint of domestic violence against her husband at the Police Station of Sector 24 in Noida. However, later, the couple sorts out the matter.|
Lesser Known Facts About Chitra Tripathi
- Does Chitra smoke?: No
- Does Chitra drink alcohol?: No
- Chitra hails from a middle-class religious family.
- Once, as an NCC cadet, she had received a gold medal at the Republic Day Parade in Delhi.
- During her post-graduation, she never thought of becoming a journalist; as she wanted to join the Indian Army. But when she started her career at a Doordarshan Center in Gorakhpur, it changed her mind and she decided to pursue a career in journalism.
- After moving from Gorakhpur to Delhi, she initially worked at Sahara India.
- In 2008, she got married to her long-time boyfriend Atul Agarwal who is also a noted Hindi TV journalist and news anchor.
- Before joining ABP News, she had worked with Doordarshan, India News, Sahara India, News 24, and ETV Network.
- When Chitra was working at India News, the Indian Army gave her a letter of appreciation for her story ‘Hindustan Ka Mission Jai Hind.’
- After joining ABP News in 2016, she started hosting shows like ‘2019 Kaun Jeetega’ ‘Kaun Banega Mukhiyamantri’ ‘Modi Ke 4 Saal,’ and the weekly show ‘Press Conference.’
- On 11 February 2019, Chitra resigned from ABP News and joined Aaj Tak as the Deputy Editor and Anchor.” There she hosted the show ‘Desh Tak.’
- Once, while in ABP News, Chitra did a story on a village in Uttar Pradesh where there was no electricity in any house; except the house of the local BJP MLA. Post her coverage, the electricity poles were erected all over the village within three days, and the villagers started experiencing electricity for the first time after India’s independence.
- Chitra received huge popularity when she reported from Kumbh; riding a Bullet bike.