Joe Biden Net Worth, Wiki, Family, Age, Biography, Quotes and More will be discussed here. Joe Biden Net Worth, Bio and all other details are discussed here in detail. Joe Robinette Biden Jr. has taken thousands of train rides between Scranton City, Wilmington, and the White House. He addressed domestic violence against women in the Senate and later became one of Barack Obama’s closest friends. Today Joe Biden is worth $9 million, having started in a small house on North Washington Avenue.
Joe Biden is an American politician who has a net worth of $9 million. Joe served as a Senator from Delaware from 1973 to 2009. He then served as the 47th Vice President of the United States under President Barack Obama from 2009 to 2017. In 2020, he became the Democratic nominee for the U.S. presidential election, running against Donald Trump. In November 2020 he defeated Donald Trump in a landslide victory (both electorally and in the popular vote) to become America’s 46th President.
Joe Biden Wealth Details:
When his term as Vice President ended, Joe Biden’s last financial disclosure pegged his net worth at $1.5 million. For many years before becoming VP, he would frequently refer to himself as one of the “poorest” members of congress, or “middle class Joe”, with a net worth less than $500,000. In the years after leaving the White House he earned significant income mainly from speeches and book royalties, peaking in 2017 with income of $11 million. Between 2016 and 2019 alone Joe and Jill earned a shade under $17 million.
- Was consistently one of the poorest members of the Senate
- Reported a net worth of $1.5 million when he left the White House in 2016
- Earned $11 million mainly from book advances in 2017
- Earned $4.6 million in 2017
- Jill Biden earns $100,000 per year as a college professor
- Joe earns $100-200,000 per paid speech
Joe Biden Early Life:
Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was born on November 20th of 1942 in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Raised alongside three siblings in a Catholic family, Joe’s family fell on hard times when he was young. During the 50s, his father couldn’t find work in the midst of an economic decline in Scranton. Eventually, the family had to move to Delaware, where Joe’s father became a used car salesman.
Joe Biden After Law School
As soon as the newlyweds came back to Wilmington, they quickly pulled together the money to buy three rental properties in the area. Biden took a job as an attorney at a local firm. In 1972, he would run for senator, and at the age of 29, became one of the youngest candidates ever elected.
His starting salary was $42,500 a year, which adjusted for inflation is around $250,000 today. He would remarry in 1977 to his current wife, Jill, after his first wife and firstborn daughter died in a car accident.
Joe Biden Net Net Worth 2021
As of 2021, Joe Biden has a net worth of 9 million dollars. For most of his life, his income had come from his Senate salary (around $168,000 a year before becoming vice president) and Jill’s salary as an English professor.
He earned $71,000 in royalties and another $9,500 for “audiobook rights,” in 2008 after Random House published his first memoir, Promises to Keep.
However, Joe Biden’s net worth really took off in 2017 at the end of his term as vice president. In the 23 months after his term ended, the Bidens earned more than $15 million, according to tax filings.
According to his financial disclosures, Joe Biden got $1.8 million from book tour events and $2.4 million in speaking engagements. He even earned $775,000 from the University of Pennsylvania to lead the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement. His wife Jill also added $700,000 in speaking fees.
They have since taken this money and have invested it into real estate, primarily in Deleware and charities. His $9 million net worth is based on a $4 million portfolio in real estate, cash/investments worth $4 million, and a federal pension worth more than $1 million. Biden’s presidential salary will be $400,000 per year.
Income From Book Deals: After Biden left the office of the Vice Presidency, he and his wife signed a $10-million, three-book deal. After writing Promise Me, Dad (a book about his son’s death), Joe promoted his book with a tour. He made over 40 stops. Basic tickets cost $25, while VIP tickets (which included a photo with Biden) cost $450.
Joe Biden Salary:
According to Joe’s tax returns, his earnings have fluctuated over the years. He has made his tax documents available, and the earliest records date from 1998. During this year, he earned a total of $215,432. His income then stayed at around $200,000 until 2009, when it increased by $55,000 per year due to income from social security and pensions.
In 2016, when Joe Biden was preparing to leave office as the vice president, he was earning about $400,000 per year. By 2017, that number had risen dramatically to $11 million. In 2018, things slowed down slightly, and Biden earned a total of $4.6 million.
Jill Biden Salary: Jill Biden earns $100,000 per year as a teacher at Northern Virginia Community College.
|Birth Name||Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.|
|Joe Biden Net Worth||$9 Million|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Love Life:||Jill Jacobs (m. 1977) and Neilia Hunter (m. 1966 – 1972)|
|Children:||4 – Beau Biden, Robert Hunter Biden, Naomi Christina Biden, and Ashley Blazer|
|Parents:||Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. (Father), Catherine Eugenia Finnegan (Mother)|
|Siblings:||Valerie Biden (Sister), Francis W. Biden, and James Brian Biden (Brothers)|
|Education:||Attended University of Delaware (BA) and Syracuse University (JD)|
|Source of Wealth:||Politics, Writing, and Speaking Engagements|
|Source of Fame:||President of the United States, Writing, and Speaking Engagements|
|Birth:||November 20, 1942|
|Education||St. Helena School, St. Paul’s Elementary School, University of Delaware, Archmere Academy, Syracuse University Law School|
|Spouse||Neilia Hunter (27 August 1966 – 18 December 1972) (her death) (3 children)Jill Biden (17 June 1977 – present) (1 child)|
Joe Biden Quotes
- This is America’s day, and this is democracy’s day, the day of history and hope. Today we celebrate a triumph, not of a candidate but a cause. We have learned again that democracy is precious democracy is fragile. At this hour, my friends, Democracy has prevailed.”
- “Our history has been a constant struggle between the American ideal that we all are created equal and the harsh, ugly reality that racism, nativism, fear, demonization have long torn us apart. The battle is perennial, and victory is never assured.”
- “I know speaking of unity can sound to some like a foolish fantasy these days. I know the forces that divide us are deep, and they are real. I also know they are not new.”
- Leverage your brand: For most of Biden’s life, he relied on his salary to make money. He did well for himself, earning a low 6 figure salary for most of his career, but his net worth really took off once he started doing book deals and speaking at events. It’s essential you leverage your brand and audience to make increase your income. Michelle Obama has done it with her podcast. Charli D’amelio has done it with her Youtube channel, and Biden did it with his speaking engagements.
- Speaking engagements can have huge payouts: Biden’s basic speaking fee is $100,000, but it ranges from $40,000 to $190,000. Gary Vee talks about this a lot. Speaking engagements are a great way to grow your net worth, and if you can grow a strong enough following, it isn’t as crazy as you may think to get paid 6 figures to speak.
- Stay Humble: Although being a multi-millionaire, Biden still refers to himself and welcomes the nickname “Middle-Class Joe.” Biden remembers when he had very little and still empathizes with the middle class and wants to create policies that help them prosper.