Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, 7 girls and 1 boy, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British Nationality, and a father who was formerly from Kashmir, India, but who has since acquired British citizenship. Her mother is now re-settled in Chennai (formerly known as Madras), the Capital of the state of Tamil Nadu in India. Katrina Kaif was born in British Hong Kongorn. Primarily known for her work in Bollywood films, Kaif has also appeared in Telugu and Malayalam films.
She received her first modelling assignment as a teenager and later pursued a career as a fashion model. At a fashion show in London, filmmaker Kaizad Gustad spotted Kaif and decided to cast her in Boom (2003). Kaif earned commercial success in Bollywood with the romantic comedies Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya (2005) and Namastey London (2007). Kaif’s performance in the 2009 terrorism drama New York earned her a Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination.
She received her second Filmfare nomination for her performance in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011). In addition to acting, Kaif is involved with her mother’s charity and participates in stage shows.The actress was last seen in Anurag Basu directorial Jagga Jasoos, opposite ex boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
She spent subsequent years in Hawaii, and then in London, Britain, She started modeling accidentally when she was in Hawaii at the tender age of 14, when she was approached for a jewelry campaign. Thereafter she continued modeling in London.
Continuing to model was the reason she got her break in a Bollywood movie Boom (2003) offered by none other than film-maker Kaizad Gustad.
She was flooded with modeling assignments the minute she set her foot on Indian soil, especially with her innocent expressive face, hour-glass figure, and drop-dead gorgeous looks.
Professionally she started off as a model with photographer Atul Kasbekar, and upon being accepted, she received offers from LG, Cola, Fevicol, Lakme, & Veet. It was the Lakme commercial that got her noticed. She retained Matrix as her Manager to accept work on her behalf and at the price she deserved.
Moving to different culture and country was not much of a culture shock for her, as she states that no matter where you come from, the bottom line is that everyone wants to be loved, respected, and cared for.
Despite of her positive attitude, she had been stereotyped as “Indian” by extreme right-wingers in Britain who made it clear that she did not quite fit-in with their “Blonde” Caucasian culture; while on the other hand in India itself she had been ranked as an ‘outsider’ very much like Sonia Gandhi.
Unlike other artistes from foreign lands, Katrina did not experience any difficulties in getting a visa nor of getting it extended in India.
Although linguistically challenged, Katrina puts on a bold face and states that other Bollywood artistes like Sridevi, who did not know Hindi, did get offers from Bollywood film-makers, and she is no different. She has taken Hindi and dancing lessons to fit in with the Bollywood culture. She likes to display a picture of her learning Kathak dancing where she used to dance 7 hours a day non-stop.
Adorned with soft gorgeous looks, she is not easily intimidated, but admits that she is very emotional, sensitive, and concerned about her privacy, Almost an incurable romantic, she prefers to wear comfortable non-revealing clothes when at home, hates to do her hair, and above all dislikes make-up. Admitting to being lonely in the beginning, but now has several friends who she can hang out with.
Although her first movie Boom (2003) was panned by the critics and shunned by the audiences, two other Telugu movies Malliswari (2004) and Allari Pidugu (2005) did get her noticed. She grossed 70 Lakh Rupees for Malliswari (2004) – making her top the list of the highest paid actresses during a South Indian movie debut.
Not done with South Indian movies, she has been signed in a Tamil movie ‘Bheema’ opposite National Award Winner Vikram.
She has received decent reviews for her part in “Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya”, as well as a brief appearance in ‘Sarkar’.
Katrina had made Mumbai her base, didn’t mind singing and dancing around trees and as a result is now one of the biggest mega-stars, perhaps one of the highest paid female-lead actresses in Bollywood, and a crowd-puller whenever she makes an appearance for a live song and dance number.
Katrina Kaif Career:
Her first major hit was Maine Pyar Kyun Kia released in 2005 starring Salman Khan. By 2007, she had established herself as one of the busiest and highest-paid actresses in India. People and critics started recognizing her acting talent through the 2007 released movie – Namaste London and 2009 released movie – New York. She has also starred in the movie – Tiger Zinda Hai and Dhoom 3 which are amongst the highest-grossing movies of India. Her upcoming movies include Sooryavanshi directed by the very famous director – Rohit Shetty starring Akshay Kumar releasing March 2020.
In 2010 and 2011, Mattel (US-based Toy Manufacturing company) released two sets of Barbie dolls inspired by Katrina Kaif. In 2015, she became one of the few actors from India to have Wax figure installed at Madame Tussauds.
After a lot of hard work, Kaif has achieved what she has today. We hope she continues the good work.
Katrina Kaif Marraige:
Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal have tied the knot in a traditional ceremony at Six Senses Fort Barwara on December 9. The couple got hitched in the presence of their family members and close friends.
It all started from Karan Johar’s famous ‘Koffee with Karan’ show. In one episode, Katrina confessed that she would love to work with Vicky and they both will look good together. In response, when Vicky appeared on the show he was completely flattered and made a cute gesture of fainting.
In an award show in 2019, Vicky and Katrina appeared together on the stage and Vicky asked the 38-year-old actress, ‘How’s the josh!.’ To this, the actress responded earnestly, ‘High sir!’ Vicky was seen blushing. Everything turned cuter as Vicky jokingly asked for her hand, singing the Bollywood hit song ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’.
Making everyone wonder what’s cooking between them, the couple were spotted together multiple times on different occasions from dinner dates to movies together.
Even though Katrina and Vicky are good at keeping secrets, there were still moments when the netizens caught a thing or two here. As per several reports on the net, the couple rang in the New Year together last year.
Katrina and Vicky both shared photos from their 2021 new year celebration with their respective siblings. While the two did not share photos with each other, but fans didn’t take too much time to guess that they were together as the location was quite similar. Moreover, a photo shared by Katrina also had Kaushal’s reflection.
Amid all this, Katrina shared a photo on her Instagram story in which she was hugging someone wearing a mustard-coloured t-shirt. Many thought it was none other than Vicky, who was spotted wearing the same colour t-shirt.
Although Vicky and Katrina have never made their love official, the couple’s good friend Harshvardhan Kapoor revealed that Vicky and Katrina are dating. In an interview with Zoom, Kapoor revealed that they are something and even wondered, that he would find himself in trouble for revealing the news.
Vicky Kaushal and Katrina Kaif are finally married now. The couple got married in a grand wedding today (December 9) at Six Senses Fort Barwara in Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
As per the reports, the couple tied the knot according to Hindi rituals in the presence of close family and friends.
Katrina Kaif Siblings:
Katrina has come a long way from making her film debut in India with her 2003 film, Boom. The actor has three older sisters, three younger sisters and one elder brother.
Her brother Sebastien Laurent Michel is the second child of the family. He is a furniture designer and an adventure junkie.
Katrina’s oldest sister, 44, is Stephanie Turcotte. She is an extremely private person.
Her third sibling is Christine Turcotte, 40, who is married to Nat Spencer and is a homemaker.
Katrina’s third elder sister, Natacha Turcotte OGorman, 39, is a jewellery designer.
Katrina’s fourth sister, Melissa Turcotte, 36, is a mathematician and a scholar. She completed her MSc Mathematics degree at Imperial College in 2009. She was awarded the prestigious Laing O’ Rourke Mathematics Award for her dissertation project, in which she found a new solution to a partial differential equation that models the behaviour of shallow water waves. Post college, she took up a consultancy role at BAE Systems, a British multinational arms, security, and aerospace company based in London, England.
Next in line is Isabelle Kaif, 30, a model and actor. She is often spotted with Katrina who helped her get a foothold in the entertainment industry.
The youngest of the lot is Sonia Turcotte, a photographer and a designer. She studied Graphic Designing at the University For Creative Arts at Surrey, UK.
Katrina Kaif Diet Plan:
Morning/Breakfast: She drinks a lot of water in the morning and after 2 hours takes boiled vegetables and fruits.
Lunch: Grilled fish and brown bread with butter.
Dinner: Soup, fish, chapati, and vegetables.
Katrina Kaif Net Worth:
According to reports, Katrina’s total net worth is approx Rs 220 crores. On the other hand, Vicky Kaushal charges Rs 3-4 crores per film. The ‘Uri’ actor has a net worth of around Rs 22 crores. According to reports, their collective net worth amounts to Rs 242 crores approximately.
Katrina Kaif is one of the highest-paid actresses in India. Her major earnings are from movies, brand endorsements, stage shows, and from her own makeup brand Kay. As per trade analysts, Kaif charges Rs. 10 crores approx per movie. She endorses a number of brands such as Slice, Nakshatra, Lux, Panasonic, Lakme, Oppo, etc. Recently she was signed by Reebok for which she is being paid 40% more than what she was being paid earlier.
Katrina is also involved with Relief Projects India, a charitable trust which rescues abandoned baby girls and works to prevent female infanticide. She has contributed to various organizations, trusts the earnings which she has earned by participating in various game shows such as Dusk ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati.
Kaif has ranked highly in polls choosing the most attractive celebrities. She was named the Most Desirable Woman in 2010 by The Times of India. She has won numerous awards including NDTV Indian of the Year in 2011, People’s Choice Award in 2013, Zee Cine Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2018 among others.
In October 2019, she launched her own makeup brand Kay by Katrina. She is also a part of Salman Khan’s Dabangg tour which does stage shows, dance shows around the world.
Katrina Kaif Assets
CARS: She also owns a fleet of Cars which includes Audi Q3, Audi Q7, Mercedes ML350.
REAL ESTATE: She has a 3 BHK Appartment in Bandra, worth Rs. 8.20 crores, a property in Lokhandwala worth Rs. 17 crores, penthouse in Bandra where she currently resides and a bungalow in London worth Rs. 7 crores.
Katrina Kaif Movies:
|2003||Boom||Rina Kaif/Popdi Chinchpokli|
|2005||Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya||Sonia|
|2006||Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye||Jia A. Yashvardhan|
|2006||Balram vs. Taradas||Supriya|
|2007||Namastey London||Jasmeet “Jazz” Malhotra|
|2008||Singh Is Kinng||Sonia Singh|
|2009||New York||Maya Shaikh|
|2009||Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||Jennifer “Jenny” Pinto|
|2009||De Dana Dan||Anjali Kakkad|
|2010||Tees Maar Khan||Anya Khan|
|2011||Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara||Laila|
|2011||Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||Dimple Dixit|
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Khushi|
|2012||Ek Tha Tiger||Zoya|
|2013||Dhoom 3: Back in Action||Aaliya|
|2014||Bang Bang!||Harleen Sahni|
|2016||Fitoor||Firdaus Jaan Naqvi|
|2016||Baar Baar Dekho||Diya|
|2017||Jagga Jasoos||Shruti Sengupta|
|2017||Tiger Zinda Hai||Zoya Singh Rathore|
|2018||Thugs of Hindostan||Suraiyya Jaan|
|TBA||Tiger 3||Zoya Singh Rathore|
Katrina Kaif Biography
|Real Name||Katrina Kaif|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1984 in Hong Kong|
|Age||37 years old (in 2022)|
|Father Name||Mohammed Kaif|
|Mother Name||Suzanne Turquotte|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|School||Homeschooling (Taught at home by her mother, tutors and also did correspondence courses)|
|College||Dropout (Left her college in London to pursue acting career in Bollywood)|
|Popular for||Adorned with gorgeous looks|
|Debut (Movie)||Boom (2003)|
|Husband||Vicky Kaushal (9 December 2021 – Present)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||Rs. 220 crores|
Katrina Kaif Quick Facts:
- She also helps her mom in charitable activities and also she endorses one of the biggest brands in the world.
- Her personal photos with Ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor were leaked on the internet during their trip to Ibiza.
- During the shooting of the film Namastey London, Katrina went to Ajmer Sharif dargah in a short skirt that hurt people’s religious sentiments.
- Before New York, Katrina Kaif’s voice was dubbed over by voice artists in most of her films due to her lack of fluency in Hindi and other Indian languages.
- Although she appeared in a series of successful films, critics noted that she had little to do in them as they were generally male-dominated.
- She is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll crafted in her image.
- Ayesha Shroff, wife of Jackie Shroff and the producer of her debut film Boom changed her second name from Turquotte to Kaif, as she thought that it was not catchy and is difficult to pronounce.
- Is half English and half Indian.
- Indian supermodel
- Has seven siblings: six sisters and one brother.
- Was born in Hong Kong and then moved to Hawaii till she was about 14, then she moved to London. Presently, she lives in Mumbai.
- She was discovered at age 14 as a model for a jewelry campaign.
- When moving to India, she worked for photographer Atul Kasbekar and did commercials for Fevicol, Lakme and Veet among others.
- She refuses to speak about her personal life in the media.
- Besides walking the ramp for several top designers and being on magazine covers, Katrina has also been the stunning face of Estelle jewelery, Lakme, Pantene, Veet, Kodak cameras, L’Oreal, Samsung, LG etc.
- She doesn’t do ramp shows anymore.
- She was chosen as the face of the year for the Lakme India Fashion Week (2005).
- Her favorite Indian designers are Rina Dhaka, Tarun Tahiliani, Rocky S.
- Her favorite international designers are Armani, Miu Miu, Prada, Versace.
- Her favorite actors are Robert Pattinson, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Clark Gable, Charlton Heston, Salman Khan, Rishi Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan. Her favorite actresses are Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Hema Malini and Madhubala.
- Her favorite movies are Man of La Mancha (1972), Gone with the Wind (1939), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The Sound of Music (1965), Ben-Hur (1959), Casablanca (1942), La Vie En Rose (2007), Inside Out (2015), Deadpool (2016), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Umrao Jaan (1981), Chandni (1989), In Your Name (2003), Guru (2007), Jab We Met (2007), Kaminey (2009), Paa (2009), Udta Punjab (2016), Namastey London (2007) and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
- Prefers acting over modeling.
- She enjoys modeling, acting, dancing, playing chess, watching movies, painting, resting, cooking, going to spas, going to the gym, meeting new people, and getting together with friends.
- The famous Rs. 2 lakh ($4,814) worth silver dress she flaunts in the movie Welcome (2007) was gifted to her by Emilio Pucci.
- Voted at the No. 1 spot in FHM India’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll.
- Won Best Female Style Icon at the IIFA Awards.
- Won Sabsay Favourite Heroine Award (2008).
- Won the British-Indian Actor award for the Zee Cine Awards (2008).
- Won the Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award (Female) for Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya (2005) (2006).
- Is the most photographed woman in India.
- Is the most searched Bollywood celebrity as per Google’s 2008, 2009, and 2010 data.
- Is active in various charities and often visits orphanages and hospitals.
- The unit of De Dana Dan (2009) was shooting in the Sentosa Nature Park in Singapore when a 10-year-old spotted Kaif. The boy didn’t realize that there were some production vehicles moving around the set and started running towards the actress. While running across, he was accidentally hit by a unit van. The boy was bruised but there was no major injury. When Kaif found out about the incident, she immediately asked him to be brought on the sets. She then met him, spent a lot of time and even gave him some chocolates.
- She was voted the sexiest Asian woman in the world by Eastern Eye in the years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Her favorite bands are Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay.
- Father Ronald Turcotte has remarried and settled in Montreal, Quebec Canada. He is now married to Beet Turcotte and has 2 step children, Kevin and Nicole Maurits. Beet was previously married to Johannes Maurits.
- Katrina’s siblings are Stephanie Turcotte, Michael Duran (born 1978, he has a different father), Christine Raphael Duran Spencer (born 1981, she and Michael have the same father), Natacha Turcotte (born 1982), Melissa Turcotte Roberts (born 1985), Isabelle
- Ann Turcotte (born 1986), Sonia Lee Turcotte (born 1989).
Katrina Kaif’s brother, Sebastien (Michael) Turcotte is a Bespoke Furniture Maker. He blogs his creativity online.
- Her favorite TV shows are Suits (2011), Wolf Hall (2015), Peaky Blinders (2013), Girls (2012), Game of Thrones (2011) and House of Cards (2013).
Katrina Kaif appeared in a remix video of Nitin Bali from the album Baliwood. This was in 2004.
Katrina Kaif Social Media:
Katrina Kaif is one of the most loved superstars of Bollywood. The actress is considered as the Barbie Doll of the Indian film industry and has worked with the topmost actors and directors.
The diva has been in showbiz for 15 years, and we have seen her defining versatility over time with her amazing acting skills. She is also loved for her stunning looks and breathtaking dance performances and rules the hearts of millions.
It is always a treat to watch the actress in movies. There is no doubt that she is a beauty queen. But we call her the queen of social media as well. Wondering why? Well, the reason is that she was India’s first ever fastest growing Instagram celebrity in the year 2017, with 1 million followers, and today, she has 62 million followers.