Kelly Preston is an American actress and model. She was born on 13 October 1962 in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. She has appeared in more than sixty television and film productions, most notably including Mischief, Twins, and Jerry Maguire. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Preston was raised in Los Angeles, California. Kelly Preston studied drama and theater at the University of Southern California. Her father’s name is Peter Palzis, her father worked for an agricultural firm. Her mother’s name is Linda Carlson and she was an administrator of a mental health center. She began her career as a model at the age of sixteen and signed with the Elite Modeling Agency. Her first major acting role was in the television series The Facts of Life.
She had a younger half-brother named Chris Palzis. She was adopted by Peter Palzis & Linda Carlson. As a child, Preston lived in many places around the world, spending parts of her childhood in Hawaii, Iraq, and Australia. When she was living in Australia at age 16, she was discovered by a fashion photographer her helped her book early work in commercials. It was during this period that she changed her last name to Preston. She graduated from Punahou School in Honolulu, HI in 1980 and then attended the University of Southern California where she studied drama and theater.
Kelly Preston Movies:
In 1986, Preston starred in the comedy film Mischief as a high school student who creates havoc at her school. The film was a box office success, and Preston was nominated for a Young Artist Award for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film.
In 1988, Preston appeared in the action-comedy Twins, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. The film was a box office success, and Preston was nominated for a Young Artist Award for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy.
In 1996, Preston starred in the romantic drama film Jerry Maguire as Rod Tidwell’s wife. The film was a box office success, and Preston was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role.
Also Read: Radhika Apte (Actress) Wiki, Age,Bio, Husband, Net Worth & More
Kelly Preston Husband:
Preston is married to actor John Travolta, and the couple have three children. She met Mr. Travolta in 1988, when they worked on the comedy “The Experts,” released the next year. They married in 1991. She had a cameo with Mr. Travolta in the 2000 sci-fi flop “Battlefield Earth,” and the couple worked together in the 2018 film “Gotti,” in which Mr. Travolta played the Mafia boss John Gotti and Ms. Preston his wife, Victoria Gotti.
She married actor Kevin Gage in 1985 but their relationship did not last long and they divorced in 1987. She then married John Travolta in 1991.She was engaged for a time to the actor Charlie Sheen.
In addition to Mr. Travolta, survivors include their children, Ella Bleu and Benjamin. Their eldest son, Jett, 16, died in 2009 after having a seizure.
Kelly Preston Death:
Kelly Preston, an actress best known for her role as a hardhearted fiancée of the Tom Cruise character in the 1996 film “Jerry Maguire,” died on 12 July 2020 in Florida. She was 57. She sought treatment but ultimately lost the battle to cancer two years later. She died on July 12, 2020 in Clearwater, Florida.
Her husband, the actor John Travolta, said in an Instagram post on Monday that the cause was breast cancer. She had been treated for the cancer for two years, he said, something she had kept largely to herself.
“She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many,” Mr. Travolta said. The post did not say specifically where she died.
Ms. Preston broke into film and television in the early 1980s, often playing a young and sexy character, as she did in the 1985 comedy “Mischief,” where she was “the shallow charmer the nerd dreams about,” Jay Carr wrote in The Boston Globe.
Kelly Preston Net Worth:
Kelly Preston worth is approximately $180 Million. Most of the family’s wealth came from John’s career. Tragically, Kelly died on July 12, 2020 at the age of 57 after a battle with breast cancer.
In 1993, John and Kelly spent $3.5 million on a 2.35-acre home in LA’s Brentwood neighborhood. The property features an 8,100 square-foot main house, 7 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, a tennis court, playground and large swimming pool. In January 2020, John and Kelly sold the home to next door neighbor Scooter Braun, the mega-producer/manager behind the success of Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and more, for $18 million. Braun and his wife Yael Cohen purchased the lot next door in 2014 for $13.1 million. Yael’s parents, an extremely wealthy couple named David and Diane – who earned a fortune in the mining industry, own a $12.5 million house across the street.
John and Kelly maintain a $2.65 million LA home in Calabasas which was purchased in September 2019.
Outside of LA, the Travoltas own a 50-acre estate in Maine, a mansion in Clearwater, Florida near the headquarters of Scientology and a very unique home in Ocala, Florida in a neighborhood called the Jumbolair Aviation Estates. This neighborhood is a working private airport for large planes. John and Kelly were some of the first land purchasers in the development. The runway is large enough for John, an avid aviator, to operate his Boeing 707 from the property.
Read More: Mila Kunis (Actress) Wiki, Biography, Age, Net Worth & More
Kelly Preston Biography
|Real Name||Kelly Kamalelehua Smith|
|Date of Birth||13 October 1962|
|Age||57 Years (as in 2020 at the time of death)|
|Father Name||Peter Palzis|
|Mother Name||Linda Carlson|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Death||12 July 2020|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in drama and theatre|
|School||Pembroke School in Adelaide, Australia, Punahou School in Honolulu|
|College||University of Southern California|
|Sons||Jett Travolta, Benjamin Travolta|
|Daughter||Ella Bleu Travolta|
|Husband||John Travolta (m. 1991), Kevin Gage (married:1985– divorce:1987)|
|City||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
Kelly Preston All Facts
- Kelly Preston is an American actress and model
- She holds nationality in America.
- Her zodiac sign is Libra.
- She was born on 13 October 1962.
- Kelly Preston used to be born and taken up in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Kelly Preston ‘s net worth is approximately $180 Million.
- She married actor Kevin Gage in 1985 but their relationship did not last long and they divorced in 1987. She then married John Travolta in 1991.
- She has worked in many Hollywood films like – Mischief (1985), Twins (1988), Jerry Maguire (1996), Battlefield Earth (2000), Broken Bridges (2006), Old Dogs (2009), Gotti (2018) and many more.
- On January 2, 2009, Jett Travolta her eldest son died while the family was on a holiday vacation in The Bahamas. His death was attributed to a seizure. In September 2009, Travolta and Preston confirmed longstanding speculations when they testified that their son had autism and suffered regular seizures. This revelation came during their testimony at the trial resulting from an extortion attempt related to their son’s death.
- In 2008, Preston starred in the Lifetime television film The Tenth Circle, directed by Peter Markle. It was shot in Nova Scotia and featured Ron Eldard, Britt Robertson, Michael Riley, Jamie Johnston and Geordie Brown.
- Preston has been a spokeswoman for Neutrogena since 2005, appearing in its print and television ads.
- In 2004, Preston was in the Maroon 5 music video “She Will Be Loved”, which featured a love triangle and romantic scenes between Preston and Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine. In 2007, Preston appeared in the crime thriller Death Sentence, in which she played Helen Hume, the wife of Kevin Bacon’s character Nick. In 2008, she was cast in a television pilot called Suburban Shootout, and had a short term recurring role in Medium.
- Preston’s son Jett Travolta was described as suffering from Kawasaki disease as an infant and had a history of seizures. In 2003, Preston appeared on The Montel Williams Show to promote L. Ron Hubbard’s Purification Rundown, which she credited with helping her son.
- Preston first met John Travolta in 1987 while filming The Experts. They married in 1991, traveling to Paris on an Air France Concorde for a wedding ceremony at the Hotel de Crillon (on the Place de la Concorde) on September 5, 1991. However, a second ceremony was required because the first, performed by a French Scientology minister (both Preston and Travolta are Scientologists), was considered invalid. The second ceremony took place on September 12 in Daytona Beach, Florida. Preston and Travolta have had three children: son Jett (April 13, 1992 – January 2, 2009), daughter Ella Bleu (born 2000), and a second son, Benjamin (born 2010).
- While living in Australia, Preston was discovered at 16 by a fashion photographer who helped her get work in commercials and other small parts. He arranged her first film audition for the role of Emmeline in The Blue Lagoon (1980), which she lost to the younger Brooke Shields. At that time she changed her last name to Preston.
Her first prominent film roles came in 1985—first as Marilyn McCauley in romantic comedy teen flick Mischief; then as the beautiful but shallow Deborah Ann Fimple in another teen romantic comedy, Secret Admirer. Other notable roles included SpaceCamp (1986), Twins (1988) with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, Avery Bishop in Jerry Maguire (1996) with Tom Cruise, Jane Aubrey in For Love of the Game with Kevin Costner and Kate Newell in Holy Man (1998) with Eddie Murphy and Jeff Goldblum. In 1997, she starred in Nothing to Lose, which co-starred Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence, although Lawrence and Preston did not receive screen credit. She also starred in the movie Jack Frost (1998) Preston was married to actor Kevin Gage from 1985 until their divorce in 1987. She also had a relationship with George Clooney. She was briefly engaged to Charlie Sheen in 1990, but ended the relationship shortly after he allegedly shot her in the arm. In a 2011 interview with TMZ, Preston claimed that Sheen did not shoot her.
Read More: Kate Winslet (Actress) Age, Wiki, Spouse, Net Worth, Bio & More