Laura Marano is an American actress and singer. She starred in the Disney Channel series Austin & Ally as Ally Dawson. Marano was one of the five original classmates in Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?. Laura Marano started acting in the theatre when she was five years old. She has done numerous plays at the Agoura Children’s Theatre, and continued her acting in many national commercials.
She is now starring in the new movie The Royal Treatment (2022), where she is playing the title character, “New York hairdresser Izzy” in full “Isabelle”.
She guest-starred in television shows such as Heroes (2006), Childrens Hospital (2008), Flashforward (2009), True Jackson, VP (2008), Ghost Whisperer (2005), Little Monk (2009), Medical Investigation (2004), Huff (2004) and Joan of Arcadia (2003).
Her first film, produced by George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh, was called The Jacket (2005). She starred with Oscar-winning actor, Adrien Brody. She has worked on Judd Apatow’s film, Superbad (2007) and starred in the short film, Goldfish (2007).
Laura has done many voice-over jobs including the commercially successful animated films, Finding Nemo (2003) and Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (2006). She has recurring roles on the Nickelodeon shows, The X’s (2005) and Ni Hao, Kai-Lan (2007).
Also, she has had recurring roles on the hit television shows Without a Trace (2002), playing “Kate”, the daughter of Emmy Award-winning actor, Anthony LaPaglia, Showtime’s Dexter (2006) and on Comedy Central’s critically acclaimed, The Sarah Silverman Program. (2007).
Laura did enjoy that her classmates at school could actually see her on the hit show, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (2007). She was a series regular during her 5th grade year in elementary school. She worked as a series regular on Back to You (2007), with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton, playing their daughter.
Laura enjoys school, soccer, piano, hip-hop, tap dancing and singing. She loves to write songs and has written over a hundred songs. She has an older sister, Vanessa Marano, and a dog named “Velvet”. Her favorite thing to do is to read books and plays. She just finished William Shakespeare’s, “King Lear”, and loves the “Harry Potter” series. She loves to travel and has been to Europe three times. Laura lives with her parents and her sister in the Los Angeles area and attends a private school. She is a freshman in high school where she participates in drama and speech and debate.
She is the sister of Vanessa Marano, and both appeared in the Showtime series Dexter together. Her parents are named Ellen and Damiano. She has a dog named Velvet.
In August 2013, Marano was named the 2013 UNICEF’s Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Ambassador, which encouraged children to raise money on Halloween to help children around the world. About the campaign, Laura said “I’m so excited to celebrate Halloween this year by encouraging kids to support UNICEF’s lifesaving work. The Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign is a fun, easy way for kids to learn about world issues and to help other kids who are less fortunate.” In August 2014, Marano was ambassador for the Disney and Birds Eye Vegetables campaign ‘Step up to the plate’. The campaign’s goal is to encourage children in the United States to explore healthy foods such as vegetables.
Laura Marano Family:
Laura Marie Marano was born in 1995 in Los Angeles, California, USA. She celebrates her birthday on 29 November, which makes her age 24. She was born as a younger daughter to her parents. Her father, Damiano Marano, is a College Professor and her mother, Ellen Marano, is a former actress who owns the Agoura Children’s Theatre. She has an elder sister named Vanessa Marano, who is also an actress. Besides, she is a Christian by religion. Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
Laura started playing in the theatre since the age of 5. She attended traditional school.
Laura Marano in The Royal Treatment:
Laura Marano and Mena Massoud star in a romantic comedy that tweaks a familiar formula but still feels inane. In “The Royal Treatment,” Izzy (Laura Marano), a New York hairdresser with major attitude, gets a happily-ever-after story that justifies itself by offering two tweaks to the familiar formula. First, the screenwriter Holly Hester swaps the fairy godmother for a smartphone — one that mistakenly directs the valet of a dimpled royal, Prince Thomas (Mena Massoud), to Izzy’s salon. Second, this candy-floss flick embraces today’s trend toward populism by having the girl initially reject the prince because his kingdom, a Euro-spritzed fantasyland called Lavania where folk-dancing peasants speak fluent English, has perpetrated human rights abuses.
Here, the prince — not his working-class crush — must be made over. This is because of ignominies including his ignorance of the number of gardeners on the royal estate (18, for the record) and his failure to question why his parents have betrothed him to the daughter of a Texas real estate tycoon. (Let’s just say that the reason is not good for the poorest Lavanians, who live in a gray warren called Über die Gleise, or “Over the Tracks.”)
Laura Marano Career:
Laura began her career at the age of five, working with the Stage Door Theatre in multiple productions. She has a host of commercials and television roles to her credit, including appearances in ‘Without a Trace’, ‘Joan of Arcadia’, ‘The Sarah Silverman Program’, ‘Children’s Hospital’, and ‘Ghost Whisperer.’ Laura’s major breakthrough was when she landed the role of Ally Dawson for the Disney Channel Series ‘Austin and Ally’, in 2011. The show had a successful run for four years which propelled Laura to international fame. On a more personal level, she says that ‘Austin and Ally’ also helped her overcome her insecurities about her singing, and helped her become more confident.
She also starred in the movies ‘A Sort of Homecoming’ and ‘Bad Hair Day’, as one of the lead characters. She was also one of the first five classmates in the show ‘Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?’ Although she began her career in the acting industry, singing has always been Laura’s first love. Her first single ‘Boombox’, released in 2016, ranked 27 on Billboard and scored over 42 million views on YouTube. Her second single ‘La La’ ranked 123 on iTunes, thereby giving her a solid start on the Disney kid to pop star transition route! The latest feather in her cap is the record deal with Big Machine Records, the hit label that has famous singers like Taylor Swift on its roster, where she is recording her debut album.
Laura Marano Biography
|Real Name||Laura Marie Marano|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, And Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1995|
|Father Name||Damiano Marano|
|Mother Name||Ellen Marano|
|Height||5′ 2″ (1.57 m)|
|Sisters||Vanessa Marano, Rosalie Marano|
|School||Preparatory School (California)|
|College||University of California|
|Hobbies||Singing, Dancing, Biking, and Swimming|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California, U.S|
|Current City||Los Angles, California|
Laura Marano Net Worth
Laura Marano is one of the richest TV Actress & listed on most popular TV Actress. According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & Business Insider, Laura Marano net worth is approximately $3 Million.
Laura Marano All Facts
- Laura is the younger sister of Vanessa Marano.
- She and her real-life sister, Vanessa Marano, played on-screen sisters in recurring roles on Without a Trace (2002).
- Her father is of Italian origin. Her mother has English and Irish ancestry.
- Laura’s older sister Vanessa Marano played main character “Bay Kennish” in ABC Family/Freeform’s “Switched at Birth”. In season 3 episode 17 “Girl With Death Mask (She Plays Alone)”, Bay meets an estranged family member for the first time. During this meeting she is shown a photograph of her paternal aunt who passed away at age 18 from an aneurysm. In real life, the girl in the photo is actually Laura Marano.
- Laura Marano has been on everyone’s radar for a while now. After landing a breakthrough role in Disney channel series ‘Austin & Ally’, the actress and singer has continued to land leading roles, including her roles in ‘The Perfect Date’. In 2020, she made her musical comeback with new single “When You Wake Up”. Here’s everything you need to know about the star. [via Instagram]
- Laura Marano is 26 years old. She was born on November 29, 1995.
- Laura Marano is 5ft 1.5 inches (1.57m) tall.
- Laura Marano’s birthday is on November 29, which makes her a Sagittarius.
- Laura Marano is American. She was born in Los Angeles, California.
- Laura Marano is Caucasian. Her father is of Italian descent.
- Laura Marano has an older sister called Vanessa Marano, who is also an actress.
- Yep, Laura Marano is a singer too. She released her debut single ‘Boombox’ in 2016 and signed to Warner Bros one year later. However, Laura has since decided to make music as an independent artist. In 2020, Laura returned to music with two singles, ‘When You Wake Up’ and ‘Can’t Hold On Forever’. She released her sophomore EP in August 2020, titled ‘YOU’ and held a virtual tour for her fans in October.
- Laura Marano is dating Thomas Macken. He accompanied Laura with his guitar for a virtual performance of her 2020 single ‘When You Wake Up’. Laura reportedly previously dated Andrew Gorin.
- Laura Marano played Ally Dawson in Disney channel series ‘Austin & Ally’ from 2011 to 2016.
- Laura Marano plays Celia Lieberman in ‘The Perfect Date’. Celia is a self-assured misfit who eventually falls for Brooks Rattigan (Noah Centineo) after he’s paid to take her on a date.
- Laura Marano will star in Netflix’s latest rom-com The Royal Treatment. The story follows salon owner Isabella and Prince Thomas (played by Mena Massoud), who is about to marry for duty rather than love. However, things get sticky when Isabella has the opportunity to do the Prince’s hair and sparks fly. Laura will produce the movie with her sisters Ellen and Vanessa Marano.
- Laura Marano has starred in several movies throughout her acting career including, ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip’, ‘Superbad’ and Oscar-nominated ‘Lady Bird’.
- You can find Laura Marano on Instagram (@lauramarano), Twitter (@lauramarano) and Snapchat (@laurafirefire).
Laura Marano Images: