Lucy Lawless is a New Zealand-born actress and singer who gained international fame for her role as Xena in the television series “Xena: Warrior Princess.” She was born on March 29, 1968, in Auckland, New Zealand.
Lawless initially started her career as a singer, performing in bands and musical theater productions. However, it was her breakthrough role as the warrior princess Xena that propelled her to stardom. The show, which ran from 1995 to 2001, garnered a massive following and made Lawless a household name.
Following the success of “Xena: Warrior Princess,” Lawless appeared in various television shows and movies, showcasing her acting range and versatility. She has appeared in shows such as “Battlestar Galactica,” “Spartacus,” and “Ash vs Evil Dead.” Lawless has also taken on roles in films like “Spider-Man” and “EuroTrip.”
Apart from her acting career, Lawless has also been involved in activism and advocacy work. She has been a strong supporter of environmental causes, particularly focused on climate change and sustainable living. Her passion for these issues has led her to participate in initiatives and campaigns aimed at raising awareness and promoting positive change.
Lucy Lawless continues to be a beloved figure in the entertainment industry, known for her iconic portrayal of Xena and her dedication to important causes. With her talent, charisma, and commitment to making a difference, she remains a respected and influential figure in both New Zealand and the broader global community.
|Full Name||Lucy Lawless|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1968|
|Place of Birth||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Famous Role||Xena in “Xena: Warrior Princess”|
|Years Active||1989 – Present|
|Education||Marist College, Auckland|
|Spouse||Robert Tapert (m. 1998)|
|Children||Daisy Lawless, Julius Robert Bay Tapert, Judah Miro Tapert|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Film Debut||“The End of the Golden Weather” (1991)|
|Television Debut||“Funny Business” (1989)|
|Awards||Saturn Award, TV Guide Award, Teen Choice Award, New Zealand Order of Merit|
|Notable Works||“Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Spartacus,” “Battlestar Galactica”|
|Singing Career||Released album “Come 2 Me” in 2007|
|Philanthropy||Advocate for environmental causes, climate change awareness|
|Activism||Participated in Greenpeace protests, supported sustainable living initiatives|
|Hobbies||Singing, playing guitar, outdoor activities|
|Favorite Book||“To Kill a Mockingbird”|
|Favorite Movie||“The Wizard of Oz”|
|Social Media Presence||Twitter, Instagram|
Lucy Lawless Net Worth
Lucy Lawless’s net worth is estimated to be around $18 million. However, it’s important to note that net worth figures can vary depending on various sources and may change over time due to factors such as career earnings, investments, and expenses.
Lucy Lawless has had a successful acting career with notable roles in television shows, films, and theater productions. Her work on “Xena: Warrior Princess” and other projects, along with endorsements and other ventures, have contributed to her overall net worth.
Lucy Lawless Husband
Lucy Lawless is married to Robert Tapert. They got married on March 28, 1998. Robert Tapert is a film producer and director, known for his work on television shows such as “Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” and “Ash vs Evil Dead.” He has also produced films like “The Grudge” and “Evil Dead.” Lucy Lawless and Robert Tapert have been together for many years and have three children together: Daisy Lawless, Julius Robert Bay Tapert, and Judah Miro Tapert.
Lesser-known facts about Lucy Lawless
- Lucy Lawless’s birth name is Lucille Frances Ryan.
- She is of Irish, English, and Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Before pursuing acting, Lawless worked as a gold miner and a peach picker.
- She had her first professional acting role in the New Zealand TV series “Funny Business” in 1989.
- Lawless is a skilled horse rider and performed many of her own stunts in “Xena: Warrior Princess.”
- She is a trained jazz and tap dancer.
- Lawless has a distinctive scar on her upper lip, which she received in a childhood accident.
- She has appeared on stage in various theater productions, including “Grease” and “The Vagina Monologues.”
- Lawless is a talented singer and has performed in musical theater productions.
- She is a staunch supporter of LGBTQ+ rights and has been an ally for the community.
- Lawless has done voice-over work for video games, including lending her voice to characters in “Battlezone II” and “Hunt for the Red October.”
- She has hosted her own talk show called “Lucy Lawless: Warrior Women,” exploring the lives of ancient heroines.
- Lawless has been involved in numerous charity events and campaigns, including raising funds for the fight against AIDS.
- She is skilled in martial arts and has trained in kickboxing.
- Lawless is fluent in German.
- She has made guest appearances on various TV shows, such as “The X-Files,” “Parks and Recreation,” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm.”
- Lawless has provided the voice for animated characters in shows like “The Simpsons” and “Justice League.”
- She has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Lawless is a fan of the New Zealand rugby team, the All Blacks.
- She has expressed interest in playing a Bond villain in a James Bond film.
- Lawless has appeared in music videos, including Metallica’s “The Unforgiven” and “I Don’t Want to Change the World” by Ozzy Osbourne.
- She is a supporter of women’s rights and has been involved in campaigns promoting gender equality.
- Lawless is an advocate for animal rights and has worked with organizations like PETA.
- She has written a memoir titled “Lucy Lawless: My Life, My Journey.”
- Lawless enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking and paddleboarding.