Olivia Rodrigo is a soulful artist an American singer with a rare gift for emotive and empathic song writing. Her keen sense for conveying feeling has served her well, thus far. Olivia is the star of Disney’s High School Musical series streaming now on Disney+. Acting has been something of a newish development for her. Singing since she was 4, Olivia Rodrigo took up acting based on a recommendation from her vocal coach. Olivia Isabel Rodrigo is an American singer-songwriter and actress. She gained recognition with her lead roles on the Disney television programs Bizaardvark and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
Olivia exudes an intriguing paradox of being both exuberantly youthful and, sagely, an old soul. She seeks authenticity and bold expression in her music. A select cross section of her influences include artists as diverse as Fiona Apple, Jack White, PJ Harvey, and Phoebe Bridgers. Olivia’s worlds of acting, singing and songwriting meet when she performs two original songs she wrote, as well as HSM classics, on the series.
As a kindergartener, Olivia took voice lessons, and then later piano lessons. At age 12, she began playing guitar. It was during this time that she began writing songs.
Olivia Rodrigo Personal Life:
Olivia Rodrigo Career:
While growing up in Murrieta, California, Rodrigo’s first love was singing. She started vocal lessons in kindergarten and took up piano soon after; by age 12, she was playing guitar. At the suggestion of her vocal coach, Rodrigo pursued acting, and she appeared in productions at her elementary and middle school — experiences that led her to seek professional acting jobs. In 2016, she was cast as Paige Olvera in in the Disney Channel series Bizaardvark.
It was an opportunity that led to Rodrigo winning the lead role of Nini Salazar-Roberts in the Disney+ series High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, a mockumentary-style show that follows the on- and off-stage drama that happens when the student body of East High puts on a production of High School Musical: The Musical. When the show’s creators — which included writer and Broadway librettist Tim Federle — learned Rodrigo was a songwriter, they encouraged her to pen original songs for the series. Written in Rodrigo’s living room during finals week of her sophomore year, “All I Want” garnered millions of streams after the show’s debut in November 2019 and entered the U.S. and Canada Hot 100 singles charts in January 2020. Rodrigo also collaborated with her co-star Joshua Bassett on the duet “Just for a Moment.”
In the wake of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ success, she continued to work on her own music, looking to the confessional songwriting of influences such as Fiona Apple, Phoebe Bridgers, and especially Taylor Swift for inspiration. After she signed with Interscope and Geffen, Rodrigo’s debut single, “Driver’s License,” arrived in January 2021 and quickly topped charts around the world. This included the Billboard Hot 100, making her the youngest artist to debut at number one on that chart. Along with breaking several streaming records, the single was certified quadruple platinum in the U.S. and Canada and platinum in several other countries.
That April, her second single “Deja Vu” appeared, and its debut at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 made her the first artist in history to have her first two singles debut within the Top Ten. A third single, “Good 4 U,” arrived in May, shortly before the release of Rodrigo’s Billboard 200-topping debut album Sour. Co-written by Rodrigo and producer Dan Nigro (who worked on Rodrigo’s singles and has also collaborated with Carly Rae Jepsen and Sky Ferreira), the album’s mix of pop, alt rock, and folk took inspiration from No Doubt, the White Stripes, Alanis Morrissette, and Kacey Musgraves, among others.
Rise to Stardom:
Olivia Rodrigo’s Boyfriends:
Olivia’s most recent beau was producer/director Adam Faze, 24. The pair were first spotted together getting cozy at the premiere of Space Jam 2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain on June 29, 2021. A source told E! at the time that Olivia brought Adam as her plus one to the event and even introduced him as “her boyfriend.” In November 2021, they were seen packing on PDA out in L.A. in photos obtained by Page Six.
Sadly, Olivia and Adam are no longer together. Their breakup was reported by numerous outlets in February 2022.
Olivia was in a relationship before and after she dated Joshua, 21.Olivia’s relationship with fellow performer Joshua Bassett inspired her debut album Sour. The Olivia-Joshua relationship was a major pop culture moment in 2021. The pair, who co-star in Disney+’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series as Nini and Ricky, respectively, were linked in a supposed love triangle involving fellow Disney darling Sabrina Carpenter, 22. The release of “Driver’s License” led to fans attempting to decipher Olivia’s apparent references to Joshua and Sabrina. Later on, Joshua and Sabrina fueled the fire by releasing songs with heartbreaking lyrics that fans believe are about the drama between the three stars. However, none of them have confirmed this, and Olivia and Joshua have never even confirmed their rumored romance.
Olivia’s first serious boyfriend was actor Ethan Wacker, 19. They met on the Disney Channel comedy series Bizaardvark, where Olivia played Paige Olvera and Ethan played Bernie Schotz. The co-stars officially started dating in July 2018, but they waited six more months until they made the romance Instagram official. “Happy 6 months! You are the greatest,” Ethan wrote alongside a since-deleted photo of the pair from January 2019. Olivia and Ethan continued dating until August 2019, when fans noticed that they wiped footage of each other off their IG pages.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Olivia Rodrigo’s net worth is $5 million as of 2022. Given her meteoric success in 2021, it’s safe to say the young star’s salary is only going up from here—especially when taking a look at what’s next for her. In 2022, Olivia is embarking on her SOUR world tour starting in April, which will likely rake in millions in revenue with tickets averaging at around $150 each.
While there are no official figures on just how much Olivia Rodrigo made from SOUR, her album publishing royalties alone amounted to millions. Given that she gave writing credits to Paramore, Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff and St. Vincent for the influence on her music, the young star was required to pay out royalties to each. Per Billboard, Olivia paid an estimated $1.2 million in royalties to Paramore and close to $750,000 to Taylor, Jack and St. Vincent.
Olivia Rodrigo Biography
|Real Name||Olivia Isabel Rodrigo|
|Nickname||Olivia, Liv, Livvy|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 2003|
|Age||22 years old (in 2022)|
|Father Name||Ronald Rodrigo|
|Height||5′ 5″ (1.65 m)|
|Ancestry||German American, Irish American, Filipino American|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|College||Dorothy McElhinney Middle School|
|Birth Place||Murrieta, California, United States|
|Source of Wealth||Royalties|
|Net Worth||$5 Million (Approx.)|
|Instruments||Vocals; guitar; piano|
|Favorite Actress||Kate Winslet|
Olivia Rodrigo Facts:
- Her debut single ‘drivers license’ was released on January 8, 2021.
- Her second single “deja vu” was released on April 1, 2021.
- Her debut album “Sour”, is to be released on May 21, 2021.
- Her father is of Filipino descent (as well Chinese descent). Her other ancestry is German, English, Irish, and some Austrian.
- Olivia Rodrigo is a late February baby. This makes her star sign Pisces. She even refers to herself as a “spicy pisces” in her social media bios. A zodiac queen.
- Olivia Rodrigo is the actress who stars as Nini Salazar-Roberts in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series on Disney+. Nini is a gifted singer and actress who auditions to play Gabriella in East High’s production of High School Musical. Like the rest of the cast, Olivia sings all of Nini’s songs in the series.
- Olivia Rodrigo actually wrote two songs for the first season of High School Musical. She co-wrote ‘Just for a Moment’ with her co-star, Joshua Bassett.
- Before High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Olivia Rodrigo was best-known for playing Paige Olvera in Bizaardvark on the Disney Channel. Paige is a guitarist who runs a popular YouTube channel with her best friend Frankie. Jake Paul also stars in the series.
- Olivia Rodrigo was never an actual MasterChef contestant. However, in her first film, An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success, Olivia plays a talented baker called Grace who wins MasterChef Junior Baking Edition.
- Olivia Rodrigo appears in New Girl season 6, episode 18. In ‘Young Adult’, Jess is worried about not being a cool principal and Olivia plays the role of Terrinea, one of the students at her school.
- As well as being a talented actress and singer, Olivia Rodrigo is a brilliant songwriter. She actually wrote ‘All I Want’, Nini’s standout song in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series all by herself. The song has since been streamed over 373 million times on Spotify alone and been certified Platinum in the US.
- Olivia Rodrigo has had lead roles in the direct-to-video movie, An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success, and the Disney series Bizzaardvark and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. She’s also acted in an episode of New Girl. With HSMTMTS being such a huge success, we imagine that Olivia will act in many more projects in the future.
- Olivia Rodrigo is signed to Geffen Records which is owned by Universal. Olivia intends to release her debut EP with the label in 2021. Olivia negotiated her contract so that she would own all of her own masters from the beginning of her career.
- ‘drivers license’ is Olivia Rodrigo’s debut single as an artist. She co-wrote it with Daniel Nigro. In the lyrics, Olivia pines over an ex who has since moved on from her. Olivia hasn’t specified who the song is about Olivia Rodrigo made history with ‘Drivers License’. The song was so popular that it debuted at Number 1 in the US. Olivia is one of just four artists born after 2000 to have topped tOlivia Rodrigo’s second single is about an ex doing exactly the same things they did with her, with a new lover, and fans think that it could be about Joshua Bassett and Sabrina Carpenter because she wrote it right after ‘Drivers License’. One of the lyrics is: “Another actress, I hate to think that I was just your type”. However, Olivia hasn’t specified who the song is about.he chart, including Billie Eilish, 24kGoldn and Jawsh 685. ‘Drivers License’ also topped the charts in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Norway.but some fans believe it is about her HSMTMTS co-star Joshua Bassett and his rumoured relationship with Sabrina Carpenter. Olivia sings: “And you’re probably with that blonde girl / Who always made me doubt / She’s so much older than me”.
- Olivia Rodrigo released her debut album Sour on May 21, 2021. The project debuted at Number 1 all around the world and was one of the biggest projects of 2021. The album includes the hit singles ‘drivers license’, ‘deja vu’ , ‘good 4 u’ and ‘traitor’.
- Olivia Rodrigo has stated in multiple interviews that Taylor Swift is her favourite artist. Olivia often posts Taylor Swift covers on social media and praises her. Taylor even sent Olivia the cardigan from her ‘Cardigan’ merch when her Number 1 album folklore came out in 2020.
- Olivia Rodrigo has won three Grammy Awards. At the 2022 ceremony, Olivia took home Best Pop Solo Performance for Drivers License and Best Pop Vocal Album for Sour. She also won the prestigious Best New Artist award, joining the likes of Billie Eilish, Amy Winehouse and Megan Thee Stallion.
- It’s currently unclear if Olivia Rodrigo is dating anyone or not. She often posts cute photos and videos with March for Our Lives activist Cameron Kasky and some fans think that they are boyfriend and girlfriend but it’s possible that they’re just close friends.
- Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett fans believe that the two stars used to be boyfriend and girlfriend thanks to the lyrics to ‘Drivers License’ and ‘Lie Lie Lie’. Fans think they broke up in 2020. However, neither star has ever confirmed whether the rumours are true or not.
- Olivia Rodrigo used to date her Bizzaardvark co-star Ethan Wacker. They fell in love on set but later split in 2019. They still seem to be on good terms though. They often comment on each other’s Instagram posts.
- Despite many people saying that Olivia Rodrigo looks like model Catriona Gray, the two stars are not related. They both share Filipina heritage but Olivia is American and Catriona is Australian.
- Olivia Rodrigo is an Instagram queen. She has over 22 million followers on the platform. You can follow her via @oliviarodrigo to see everything from behind the scenes High School Musical photos to Taylor Swift covers.
- Olivia Rodrigo posted her first TikTok video in August 2020. Since then she’s amassed over 12.8 million followers on the platform. Follow her via @livbedumb to see her sing and post hilarious skits.
- Olivia Rodrigo uses Snapchat as well as all of the other main social media platforms. Follow her via @olivia.rodrigo to see all of her latest snaps.