Priyanka Chopra Jonas is an Indian actress, model, and singer. The winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant, Chopra is one of India’s highest-paid actresses. She has received numerous accolades, including two National Film Award and five Filmfare Awards. Priyanka Chopra is an actor, singer, producer and philanthropist, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000. She has received numerous awards, including a National Film Award, and five Filmfare Awards, and was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India in 2016.
Chopra made her Hindi film debut in The Hero in 2003. She earned wide critical praise for her breakout role in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz. The 2008 drama Fashion marked a turning point in her career, earning her critical acclaim as well as the National Film Award for Best Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Chopra subsequently gained recognition for her roles in films such as Kaminey (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Barfi! (2012), Mary Kom (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), and Bajirao Mastani (2015). In 2015, she began starring as Alex Parrish on the ABC drama Quantico, becoming the first South Asian woman to headline an American network series. In addition to her acting career, Chopra is noted for her philanthropic work, and was appointed as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010. As a singer, she has released three singles.
Priyanka Chopra is arguably the most successful Bollywood actor to cross over to Hollywood. She began her acting career in 2003, and has since appeared in more than 40 Bollywood films, making her U.S. big-screen debut in 2017’s Baywatch. As the star of ABC’s Quantico, she’s one of TV’s highest-earning actresses and the first Indian actor to lead a drama series on American television. As a producer, Chopra founded Mumbai-based Purple Pebble Pictures, which strives to promote regional filmmakers and up-and-coming Indian talent. Passionate about protecting children’s rights, she’s a global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and United Nations Foundation Girl Up Champion, and her nonprofit The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education provides schooling and medical care.
Priyanka Chopra Early Life:
Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress and a former Miss World, born at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Priyanka was born to Ashok Chopra and Madhu Akhauri, who are physicians. She has a younger brother. She spent her childhood in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh; Newton, Massachusetts; and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
She was the first runner-up at Femina Miss India which was held in the year 2000. After this, she went on to win the Miss World crown. She was the fifth Indian woman to win the title and the fourth Indian woman to win in a span of seven years.
Priyanka Chopra Career:
Priyanka made her debut in 2002 with the Tamil film Thamizhan. Then in 2003 she debuted in Bollywood with the film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. It was the highest-grossing film of the year. Then she appeared in the film Andaaz which was a success at the box office. For this film, she won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award and a nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.
Then in 2004 she starred in films like Plan, Kismat and Asambhav which did not do very well at the box office. Later that year she acted in a movie called Mujhse Shaadi Karogi which was the third highest-grossing film of that year. Then she starred in Aitraaz where she played a negative role. It was a hit movie and she received the Filmfare Best Villain Award for playing the role. She also received a second nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.
In the year 2005, she had six flops, including Blackmail, Karam, Yakeen and Barsaat. After this she acted in two films, Waqt: The Race Against Time and Bluffmaster which went well at the box office. Then in 2006, she starred in two successful films, Krrish and Don – The Chase Begins Again. In the year 2007 she acted in two more films, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love and Big Brother which flopped at the box office.
Then in the year 2008, she starred in Love Story 2050, God Tussi Great Ho, Chamkua and Drona which again flopped at the box office. Then she starred in Fashion, which was a success. She received several awards for this film, including the National Film Award for Best Actress and also the Filmfare Best Actress Award. Later that year she was seen in another film, Dostana which was again a success.
Priyanka Chopra Wedding:
Miss World Priyanka Chopra married American singer Nick Jonas in a traditional Hindu ceremony in Jodhpur, after three days of wedding celebrations which included a colourful mehendi ceremony, a friendly cricket match and a power-packed ‘desi’ musical evening. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas entered the wedlock on Dec 1, 2018.
Priyanka looked “breathtaking in her traditional red Indian wedding outfit”, a source told E! News about the Hindu ceremony on Sunday.
“Nick did a beautiful job following the customs of a Hindu ceremony. It was lovely seeing how they honoured both of their heritages,” the insider added.
From their ‘roka’ ceremony in August to their wedding, Nick has embraced Indian traditions whole-heartedly. Priyanka also ensured an occasion like Thanksgiving Day was celebrated like it’s meant to be with Nick’s family.
“One of the most special things that our relationship has given us is a merging of families who love and respect each others’ faiths and cultures.
Their wedding celebrations were in tune with the majestic venue — the royal Umaid Bhawan Palace, situated atop a hill in this ‘Blue City’ in Rajasthan.
Priyanka, 36, and Nick, 26, first exchanged vows in a Christian ceremony officiated by the groom’s father here on December 1. They wore custom-made Ralph Lauren ensembles — a good fit as the two stars had shared the spotlight for the first time as guests of the designer at the 2017 Met Gala.
Marking their union here was the Jodhpur sky lit up with fireworks. However, Priyanka was widely trolled for it as around Diwali, she had urged people not to burst firecrackers due to the health hazards it leads to. As a result, she was called out for her “double standards”.
Nevertheless, their fans were swooning over some of the tidbits they shared of the ‘#NickYanka’ pre-wedding ceremonies.
At the ‘mehendi’ ceremony, Priyanka sported a breathtaking multi-hued folksy Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla lehenga, channelling the ‘desi’ look in every which way, while Nick sported an aqua kurta by the same designers.
They also incorporated a friendly cricket match, competing as “team bride vs team groom”.
As for the sangeet, a video and photographs shared by Priyanka suggest it was no less than a Bollywood awards night complete with a stage, elaborate light set-up and props as well as energetic performances.
Priyanka’s cousin and actress Parineeti Chopra, who performed on stage, welcomed Nick warmly to her family and is all praise for her “jiju” (brother-in-law).
“The job of us bridesmaids was to make sure the bride was happy and comfortable at all times. But we did not have to worry about it because Nick promised to do it all his life.
“Welcome to the family Nick jiju! I am so so happy that the Jonas and Chopra family is now united,” she wrote.
|#||Released Date||Type||Credited As||Movie|
|62||30 Dec 2022||Film||Actress||Gustakhiyan|
|61||30 Dec 2022||Film||Actress||Kismat Talkies|
|60||30 Dec 2022||Film||Actress||Jee Le Zaraa|
|59||22 Jan 2021||Film||Actress||The White Tiger|
|58||11 Oct 2019||Film||Actress, Producer||The Sky Is Pink|
|57||14 Jan 2019||Film||Producer||Firebrand|
|56||02 Jan 2019||Film||Producer||Paani|
|55||18 Oct 2017||Film||Producer||Kaashi Amarnath|
|54||14 July 2017||Film||Producer||Kaay Re Rascalaa|
|53||13 Jan 2017||Film||Producer||Sarvann|
|52||04 Nov 2016||Film||Supporting Actress, Producer||Ventilator|
|51||10 June 2016||Film||Producer||Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi|
|50||04 Mar 2016||Film||Actress||Jai Gangaajal|
|49||18 Dec 2015||Film||Actress||Bajirao Mastani|
|48||05 June 2015||Film||Actress, Singer||Dil Dhadakne Do|
|47||05 Sept 2014||Film||Actress||Mary Kom|
|46||14 Feb 2014||Film||Actress||Gunday|
|45||01 Nov 2013||Film||Actress||Krrish 3|
|44||06 Sept 2013||Film||Actress||Zanjeer|
|43||03 May 2013||Film||Guest Appearance||Bombay Talkies|
|42||01 May 2013||Film||Guest Appearance||Shootout At Wadala|
|41||10 Apr 2013||Film||Actress||Chamki Chameli|
|40||28 Sept 2012||Film||Actress||Deewana Main Deewana|
|39||14 Sept 2012||Film||Actress||Barfi|
|38||22 June 2012||Film||Actress||Teri Meri Kahaani|
|37||26 Jan 2012||Film||Actress||Agneepath|
|36||23 Dec 2011||Film||Actress||Don 2|
|35||18 Feb 2011||Film||Actress||7 Khoon Maaf|
|34||01 Oct 2010||Film||Actress||Anjaana Anjaani|
|33||09 Apr 2010||Film||Guest Appearance||Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai|
|32||08 Jan 2010||Film||Actress||Pyaar Impossible!|
|31||25 Sept 2009||Film||Actress||What’s Your Raashee ?|
|30||14 Aug 2009||Film||Actress||Kaminey|
|29||14 Nov 2008||Film||Actress||Dostana|
|28||29 Oct 2008||Film||Actress||Fashion|
|27||02 Oct 2008||Film||Actress||Drona|
|26||15 Aug 2008||Film||Actress||God Tussi Great Ho|
|25||09 Aug 2008||Film||Actress||Chamku|
|24||04 July 2008||Film||Actress||Love Story 2050|
|23||11 Jan 2008||Film||Guest Appearance||My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves|
|22||09 Nov 2007||Film||Guest Appearance||Om Shanti Om|
|21||01 Feb 2007||Film||Actress||Big Brother|
|20||25 Jan 2007||Film||Guest Appearance||Salaam-e-Ishq|
|19||20 Oct 2006||Film||Actress||Don -The Chase Begins Again|
|18||25 Aug 2006||Film||Actress||Aap Ki Khatir|
|17||23 June 2006||Film||Actress||Krrish|
|16||16 June 2006||Film||Guest Appearance||Alag|
|15||05 May 2006||Film||Supporting Actress||36 China Town|
|14||24 Feb 2006||Film||Guest Appearance||Taxi No 9211|
|13||16 Dec 2005||Film||Actress||Bluffmaster|
|12||12 Aug 2005||Film||Actress||Barsaat|
|11||01 July 2005||Film||Actress||Yakeen|
|10||22 Apr 2005||Film||Actress||Waqt The Race Against Time|
|9||11 Mar 2005||Film||Actress||Karam|
|8||28 Jan 2005||Film||Actress||Blackmail|
|7||12 Nov 2004||Film||Actress||Aitraaz|
|6||30 July 2004||Film||Actress||Mujhse Shaadi Karogi|
|5||23 July 2004||Film||Actress||Asambhav|
|4||20 Feb 2004||Film||Actress||Kismat|
|3||09 Feb 2004||Film||Actress||Plan|
|2||23 May 2003||Film||Actress||Andaaz|
|1||11 Apr 2003||Film||Actress||The Hero|
UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador:
UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Priyanka Chopra is one of India’s most popular actresses with global following. She has won accolades internationally and is acknowledged for her acting prowess. Most importantly, she is an icon for youth across world, especially girls. For young Indian women, the actress symbolizes power and strength.
Priyanka Chopra was appointed as Global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2016. Priyanka Chopra has now been associated with UNICEF for almost a decade and a half. She has worked with UNICEF since 2006, recording public-service announcements and participating in media panel discussions promoting children’s rights and the education of girls, and also participated in celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
In 2010, she was appointed a UNICEF National Ambassador, tasked specifically with promoting child rights and adolescence. She has partnered with UNICEF to feature in videos and advertisements aimed at building awareness for child rights and the need to create healthy environments for children, filled with opportunities to blossom.
Priyanka Chopra is also known for her contribution to social causes, particularly those involving children. She has been associated with a number of NGOs to raise awareness about ways to improve the condition of the girl child in India.
She has also been a part of the UN’s global “Girl Up” campaign, which envisions a world where all girls, no matter where they live, have the opportunity to become educated, healthy, safe, counted and positioned to be the next generation of leaders.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas has travelled to many countries across the world, including, Jordon, Ethiopia and Bangladesh to meet refugee children who have fled their countries due to conflict and humanitarian crises.
Among the key UNICEF campaigns that Ms Chopra has been associated in India is the campaign aims at strengthening adolescent and young women’s groups through imparting to members life skills, enterprise skills and networking skill training.
Ms Chopra has also helped to publicize the UNICEF supported campaigns, which urge supporters to get actively involved and demand the rights for adolescent girls across the country especially those who are excluded and marginalized. She has also given her voice to the “End Violence against Children” campaign, which aims at raising awareness about different forms of violence, including physical, emotional and sexual, and child marriage.
Priyanka Chopra Nick Jonas Baby:
In January this year, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra had announced the birth of their first child. The couple refrained from revealing the gender of their baby and had shared in a joint statement on social media “We are overjoyed to confirm that we have welcomed a baby via surrogate. We respectfully ask for privacy during this special time as we focus on our family. The couple opted for surrogacy to welcome their baby girl.
Priyanka Chopra Net Worth:
According to Celebrity Net Worth, The 39-year-old star enjoys a reported US$70 million fortune with a US$10 million annual income of late. While her career is blossoming in Hollywood, the Indian star also earned fat pay cheques from brands like Crocs and Bon V! V Spiked Seltzer.
After being crowned Miss World, Chopra went on to land a number of major campaigns, and according to Forbes, these endorsements accounted for—wait for it—more than half of her income in 2017. Among the brands she has worked with are Pantene, Pepsi, Garnier and Lyf Mobile.
Also, the actress made history as the first-ever Indian Guess girl in 2013. According to The Economic Times, her one-year contract with Guess was worth between $700,000 and $1.5 million.
As most fans already know, Chopra’s hard work landed her multiple roles in American films and TV shows. In 2012, she signed a contract with ABC network to join their drama series, Quantico. And according to Forbes, she made more than $3 million per season, making her one of the world’s highest paid female TV actresses.
In 2017, Chopra made her big-screen debut in the U.S. by starring as Victoria Leeds in Baywatch, starring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron. Her other American films include A Kid Like Jake, Isn’t It Romantic and We Can Be Heroes.
Priyanka Chopra Investments:
The actress has invested in multiple tech companies, including the social media app, Bumble, and the coding education startup, Holberton School. But tech isn’t her only area of interest. It turns out that Chopra’s been investing in a whole lot of real estate, because according to Celebrity Net Worth, she owns a total of nine properties. Five of them are located in Mumbai, and she also owns a New York loft.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas Biography
|Name||Priyanka Chopra Jonas|
|Real Name||Priyanka Chopra|
|Nickname||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Age||39 years old (in 2022)|
|Father Name||Ashok Chopra (Late)|
|Mother Name||Madhu Chopra|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.67 m)|
|Salary||Rs. 9-10 crore/film $4 million/year for TV show (USR)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Source of Wealth||Movies, Brand Endorsements|
|Net Worth||$32 million|
|Children||Baby Girl (Name not revealed yet)|
Priyanka Chopra Quick Facts:
- Winner of the Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.
- Daughter of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and wife Dr. Madhu Akhouri, both Military Doctors, paternal granddaughter of Kasturi Lal Chopra and wife Champa Wat and maternal granddaughter of Manohar Kishan Akhouri, Congress of India Veteran, and wife Madhu Jyotsna, born Mary John Kavalappara, Member of the Bihar Assembly, and is of Punjabi, Malayali and Bihari descent.
- Achievements: she is the only Indian in the USA to have been selected at the state level for the National Opus Honor Choir, extensive charity work back in India and the USA, and joined the CAF and CII in their literacy program and is their ambassador. Member of the support group for the Thalassemic children in U.P., India, participated in the adult education awareness program with the non-governmental organizations in the peripheral areas of Bareilly, joined the Indian Government-sponsored Polio Eradication Program as a volunteer. Raised funds for the destitute in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, by participating in a church program.
- While shooting the song “Do Me A Favor, Let’s Play Holi” in the movie Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), she stepped on a live wire and received a shock. She was hospitalized for a day.
- Did her schooling from La Martinière in Lucknow. She completed tenth grade in Boston and wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.
- Her father Ashok Chopra, who also manages her career, was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. He had to undergo a complicated emergency surgery.
- Turned down the lead in Umrao Jaan (2006) to work in Bluffmaster! (2005).
- Listed as number 2 of ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)
- Turned down a part in London Dreams (2009) because she could not provide the shooting dates as she was busy with other films.
- Listed #1 by UK magazine Eastern Eye one of “Asia’s Sexiest Women” (Sept/2006).
Appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of Maxim magazine, Indian version, released in 2006.
- Cousin of Parineeti Chopra.
- Cousin of actress Meera Chopra.
- Cousin of actress Mannara Chopra (aka Barbie Handa).
- Priyanka Chopra is the first actress to win Filmfare Awards in five different categories.
Her favorite movies are Jerry Maguire (1996), Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), When Love Calls (1989), Pretty Woman (1990) and A Walk in the Clouds (1995).
- The first film, she ever signed, was titled “Good Night Princess”, directed by actor/director Atlee Brar. This was in the year 2000, before she became Miss World. She shot the film for a month, before becoming Miss World. After she became Miss World,
- she continued to shoot for the film. It was based on the life of Priyanka Gandhi and it was a Hindi/English film. Her co stars were Pooja Batra and Rahul Dev. The film was finally shelved due to the producers not having any funds to complete the film.
Signed Aziz Mirza film, opposite son Haroon A. Mirza. This was in 2001. The film was to be produced by Nimbus. The film got shelved.
- In 2006, a toy company in England created a fashion doll based on Priyanka Chopra’s name and image. It was part of the “Bollywood Legend” series which also included stars Hrithik Roshani, Shah Rukh Khan, and Kajol. The dolls are now considered rare collectors items.
- In 2015, Priyanka made history as the first Bollywood actress to get a leading role in a prime-time American TV-show, Quantico (2015).
- Starred in the shelved movie S.M.Movies “Aatma” (2003), also starring Aryan Vaid (Replaced John Abraham) and Shamita Shetty, with music by Sanjeev Darshan, produced by Mahendra Dhariwal, and directed by J.D.Chakravarthy.
- A signed on to a film titled “Kabhi Kabhi Pyar Mein” opposite Sonu Nigam in 2002. She dropped out of the film and it was later made as “Love In Nepal”.
Went for a concert in the Fiji Islands in 2006. Performing in the concert were Chopra, Dino Morea, Abhijeet Sawant, and Jimmy Moses.The first show was in Suva on September 13 and the second show was in Lautoka on September 14.
- Starred in the Shakeel Noorani shelved movie “Jaan Ki Baazi” (2003), with Sanjay Dutt, Danny Denzongpa, and Ashish Vidyarthi. The film was shelved after 80% was complete. Dutt had a falling out with Noorani and stopped giving dates.
- Sent a legal notice to ex-boyfriend Aseem Merchant in 2014. This was because Aseem was going to make a biopic on her ex-secretary Prakash Jaju. Priyanka thought it would be an invasion of her privacy since the film would also include her personal problems with Prakash.
- Is a huge fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar and her famous series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997).
- Maintains a homeland residence in Mumbai (India) since she commutes so regularly between the USA and India to appear in various movie/TV projects in both countries.
Sports a tattoo on her right wrist that reads “Daddy’s lil girl” in her late father’s handwriting.
- Her handbag always contains a tube of hand cream, sunglasses, two brands of perfume, her wallet and a bottle of Tabasco hot sauce.
Friends with Meghan Markle.
- Made the May 2016 cover of TIME magazine meriting a place among the “100 Most Influential People” with a tribute penned by Dwayne Johnson.
- Is passionate about doing her own stunts where it’s safe and feasible.
Decorated with the Padma Shri, the fourth most important decoration of India.
Was proposed to by musician and actor Nick Jonas on her birthday July 18, 2018, with whom she had started a relationship in the same year. In August, they were engaged in a traditional Punjabi Roka ceremony. They wed on the first weekend of December in Hindu and Christian ceremonies.
- Has a younger brother, Siddharth Chopra.
- Her father, Ashok Chopra, died from cancer on June 10, 2013.
- Signed Tumse Acha Kaun Hain but later opted out.
- In 2008, Abbas Mustan had signed Rohit Jugraj to direct a film inspired by Charlie’s Angels. Priyanka Chopra, Sushmita Sen and Lara Dutta had signed the film. The film got shelved .
- Starred in Ripple’ shelved film ” Hum Bhi Kush Tum Bhi Kush “. Starring Anil Kapoor Saif Ali Khan,Priyanka Chopra, Gracy Singh. This was in 2003. It was about a village girl (Priyanka) who falls in love with a superstar actor ( Saif Ali Khan) and goes to the city to find him. That is when she meets Anil Kapoor.
- She is notable for rejecting [Humraaz (2002)] in which she was supposed to make her film debut.
- Born at 1:30 AM (IST).
- Priyanka and husband Nick Jonas announced that they have welcomed a baby via surrogate (January 15th 2022).