Shivon Zilis a top executive at Elon Musk’s brain-chip startup Neuralink. She is a Canadian AI researcher and venture capitalist who is appointed as the Director of Operations and Special Projects at Neuralink. Shivon Zilis is best known for having secretly Twins with Elon Musk. Shivon Zilis has been a Board member of OpenAI Company. Shivon Zilis has been Project Director at tesla in the Past.
Zilis was born in Markham, Ontario, Canada and is of Punjabi Indian and Canadian heritage. She is an only child and one of her parents is a former federal bureaucrat. She credits her Punjabi immigrant mother for her noted “big” blue eyes. Zilis graduated from Markham’s Unionville High School.
The surprise twin revelation came after Zilis and the Tesla and SpaceX CEO reportedly filed court papers for the twins to take on the Musk surname, with Zilis’ surname becoming their second name. The twins Elon Musk fathered with Neuralink executive Shivon Zilis were reportedly conceived via in vitro fertilization and the pair did not have a romantic relationship, according to Reuters. Zilis, reportedly told her colleagues that she was not involved romantically with Musk.
Before the revelation, the public believed that Musk had seven children with two women, Justine Wilson and Grimes. Musk had five children with Wilson, two children with Grimes, and two children with Zilis.
According to court documents obtained by Insider on Wednesday, July 6, the Tesla CEO, 51, and Zilis, 36, welcomed their two little ones in November 2021.
She is most concerned about machine intelligence to benefit.
She earned her degree from Yale in the year 2000, in which she played goalie of the hockey team. She is a Fellow of the Creative Destruction Lab (a machine learning incubator located at the University of Toronto), as a member of the boards of Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence as well as the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute, and a founding participant in C100.
She hosts an annual conference held at The University of Toronto that brings together the most prominent researchers, authors as well as investors and founders of machine-learning. She was one of Forbes 30 Under 30 in and LinkedIn’s 35 Under 35.
Shivon Zilis Net Worth 2022
Just before the birth of her twins, Zilis purchased a luxurious home in Austin. Her estimated net worth is $4 million as of 2022.
Zilis has not made any public statements about her religion.
Zilis has consistently supported Musk in front of large audiences. When Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, a member of the California State Assembly, tweeted “F*ck Elon Musk” in 2020, Zilis said, “This makes me unhappy. No one is flawless, but I’ve never known anyone who has suffered greater personal suffering over a long period of time to fight for an inspirational future for humanity. Everyone is free to hold their own beliefs, but in my opinion, there is nobody I respect and adore more.
Shivon Zilis Husband:
No, Shivon Zilis is not married to a husband yet – definitely not with Elon Musk. Zilis, who was born in Ontario, Canada, met Musk through OpenAI, the artificial-intelligence research-and-deployment nonprofit Musk cofounded in 2015, Insider reported.
In 2020, Zilis posted a tweet defending Musk on his decision to move Tesla out of California over COVID-19 restrictions.
Shivon Zilis Career:
At Neuralink, since 2017, Shivon and her team are creating the future of brain-machine interfaces by building devices that will help people with paralysis and inventing new technologies that will expand our abilities, our community, and our future world. Their goal is to build a system with at least two orders of magnitude more communication channels (electrodes) than current clinically-approved devices. Their device, called the Link, will be able to record from 1,024 electrodes and is designed to meet these criteria. Watch The Future of Brain Machine Interfaces.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. They are dedicated to putting that alignment of interests first — ahead of profit. Their major breakthrough, the Generative Pretrained Transformer-3 or GPT-3, offers, unlike most AI systems that are designed for one use-case, a general-purpose “text in, text out” interface, allowing users to try it on virtually any English language task. Shivon has been with OpenAI as an Advisor since 2016 and is also the youngest board member there.
Since 2015, Shivon is Founding Fellow of Creative Destruction Lab AI and CDL Quantum Machine Learning, a startup Incubator in Toronto. The current cohort is 100 companies, coming from all across Canada, the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, and Israel.
Between 2017 and 2019, Shivon was Project Director at Tesla where she worked on Autopilot and Chip Design Teams.
Until 2018, Shivon was Board of Directors Member at the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence, an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the transformative field of artificial intelligence. Between 2015 and 2018, she was also on the Board of Directors at the University of Alberta’s Machine Intelligence Institute, the pioneering institution on reinforcement learning and it has since become a hub of machine intelligence talent.
She is the co-chair of the annual Machine Learning and the Market for Intelligence conference at the University of Toronto that brings together the foremost authors, academics, founders, and investors in machine intelligence. She was one of the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Venture Capital, LinkedIn’s 35 Under 35, Top 10 Women AI Leaders, Top 10 Women in AI, received a Global Corporate Venturing Rising Stars Award, and became a charter member of C100, a nonprofit, member-driven organization dedicated to supporting Canadian technology entrepreneurship and investment.
Previously, between 2012 and 2018, Shivon was Partner and Founding Member of Bloomberg Beta, a $75 million venture fund backed by Bloomberg L.P. that invests in startups transforming the future of work. With more than 40 machine intelligence powered companies investments to date, she is currently an Advisor of the Bloomberg Beta portfolio, which includes a number of AI companies. Watch Cash for A.I. startups.
She is known for an annual report that researches thousands of machine intelligence companies and selects the most promising real-world problems they are solving. Read The Current State of Machine Intelligence, The current state of machine intelligence 2.0, and The current state of machine intelligence 3.0.
Shivon graduated from Yale University where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree of Arts in Economics and Philosophy and where she was the goalie on their ice hockey team. Visit her Eliteprospects profile.
She began her career as Senior Strategist at IBM in 2008. She continued in 2011, as Chief Adventurer at Bloomberg Ventures, where she worked on internal incubation and partnerships. They were building businesses in the education, conference, and data-as-a-service industries, before she became Founding Member of Bloomberg Beta in 2012.
She currently lives in Silicon Valley and is a Leafs fan for life.
|Full Name||Shivon Zillis|
|Worked For||Neuralink (Tesla Owned)|
|Date of Birth||1966|
|Age (In 2022)||36 years old|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
Shivon Zilis Quick Facts:
- Zilis was born and raised within Ontario, Canada, where she was born. She is now 36 years old. It is not known much regarding her family. Her mother is from India It has also been said the father of her mother is Canadian.
- In a high school nearby located in Canada, Shivon Zilis finished her studies.
- Shivon Zilis studied at Yale University and holds a director position in project management at Tesla. Zilis is employed by Neuralink the company Elon Musk launched in 2016.
- When she was in the college of her birthplace in Ontario, Canada, she was on the women’s hockey team. She also held an associate job in the Creative Destruction Lab.
- Shivon Zilis’s name is listed in Linked In’s 35 under 35 listing as well as Forbes list of 30 under 30.
- Zilis is known for her computer-related work and has been in a variety of roles with different businesses. Her estimated net worth ranges between $5 million and $10 million.
- Shivon as well as Musk first met after Shivon was offered a job as an advisor to Musk’s startup for artificial intelligence, OpenAI, in San Francisco. OpenAI is a non-profit organization that conducts the research and development. In the course of period, Zilis rose the ranks to become one of Musk’s most prominent management.
- In December of 2011 she signed up on Twitter. She’s pretty active on social media site Twitter. She tweets frequently on a wide range of topics. Zilis also tweeted the Elon Musk tweet from April this year. The tweet read, “If you’ve designed or created smart phones or smart watches Join Neuralink! Your expertise is directly applicable.”
- Zilis is a researcher in the field of biological and artificial intelligence and anything else in between, as per her profile on Twitter. On microblogging platform Twitter she holds 77.9k followers and follows 1557 people.
- The Twitter board of directors officially accepted Musk’s takeover offer of $44 billion in April 2022. However the company is currently in a standstill until Musk is weighing up additional details before deciding whether to take the deal.