Sylvia Jeffreys is a famous competent Aussie-born journalist and news presenter who has a total net worth of $2 million as of 2022. Sylvia Jeffreys is the co-host of Today Extra with David Campbell and is a well-established journalist within Nine Network’s top-rated news and current issues team.
A journalist by training Born in Queensland, Sylvia began her career in television through Channel 9 in Brisbane, her reporting, particularly about the devastating 2011-2010 Queensland floods that caused the deaths of more than 30 people as well as the powerful damaging Tropical Cyclone Yasi in the early part of 2011 receiving great reviews by the channel.
Since moving to Nine Network’s Sydney headquarters in 2012, Sylvia has become one of the most well-known faces on current affairs and news shows.
From 2014 until 2018, she was the nation’s anchor of Nine News as the Today Show’s anchor for news. In this capacity, she’s reported on international news stories, including The Dreamworld Ride Tragedy and the Australia/Pacific tour of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. She has also covered the sites of major floods and bushfires across various states. She has also spoke with some of most prominent stars such as the legendary soccer player David Beckham and tennis star Venus Williams.
In addition to The Nine camera, Sylvia can also be found as a passionate and dedicated ambassador for the national charity YoungCare that aims to find an appropriate place to live for young adults with severe care needs.
Sylvia Jeffreys’s Husband:
In December 2013, Sylvia announced that she was dating fellow Nine News reporter Peter Stefanovic, the younger brother of Today host Karl Stefanovic.
In July 2016, Jeffreys announced that she was engaged to Stefanovic. And on April 1 2017, the couple got married.
Currently, The couple reside in the exclusive Sydney suburb of Double Bay.
Sylvia Jefferys Net Worth:
With the experience in Journalism and presenter, Sylvia has accumulated a total net worth of $2 million as of 2022. Her salary, on the other hand, stands firm at $96,535 annually.
At Nine Network, this began with a raise and a three-year contract extension through 2019.
Likewise, She and her husband purchased a $2.7 million 180 square meter home in Sydney’s Double Bay suburb. Her primary source of income stems from her journalistic career.
The newscaster has appeared on shows such as Nine Morning News, Nine Afternoon News, Weekend Today, and Today. As the Young Care brand ambassador, her job also allows her to perform charitable acts. It is an organization whose primary goal is to improve the lives of both young and old people with disabilities.
Sylvia Jeffreys’s Family:
Sylvia was raised as a Christian in a Christian family. Her father Richard Jeffreys was a local alderman for the Liberal party and also served on the Vietnam war as a vet whereas Janine Jeffreys was a social worker.
Growing Up, she has two different siblings Aaron Jeffreys and Claire Jeffreys. Speaking about her extended family, her brother in law is Karl Stefanovic.
And now she is happily married to Pete Stefanovic. They have a family of four which consists of Sylvia herself, Pete, her husband, Oscar Hamilton Stefanovic, a older son and Henry George Stefanovic, her younger son.
Sylvia Jeffreys’s Children:
Sylvia has two children as of now that she shares with her husband Pete.
In August 2019, Jeffreys and Stefanovic announced that they are expecting their first child. And on January 31, 2020, Jeffreys and Stefanovic welcomed a boy named Oscar Hamilton Stefanovic. Likewise, In October 2020, Jeffreys and Stefanovic announced that they are expecting their second child, a boy.
And On April 3, 2021, Jeffreys and Stefanovic welcomed a boy named Henry George Stefanovic.
Sylvia Jeffreys Biography:
|Full Name||Sylvia Jeffreyes|
|Profession||competent Aussie-born journalist and news presenter|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (160 cm)|
|Weight||64 kgs (141 lbs)|
|Body Size||34-26-32 inches (chest-waist-hips)|
|Date of Birth||23 April 1986|
|Age||35 years old|
|School||Brisbane State High School|
|College and University||University of Queensland|
|Education Qualification||Masters and Bachelors in Art, Bachelors in Journalism|
|Permanent Address||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Current Address||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Hobbies||Karaoke, Spending time with family, Swimming, Playing Tennis, Hockey, Skating|
|Source of Income||Journalism and Presenter|
|Past Relationship||Not Available|
|Current Relationship||Peter Stefanovic|
|Children name||an older son Oscar Hamilton Stefanovic and a younger son Henry George Stefanovic|
|Parents||Father: Richard Jeffreys |
Mother: Janine Jeffreys
|Siblings||a brother Aaron Jeffreys and a sister Claire Jeffreys|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
Sylvia Jeffreys Quick Facts:
- Sylvia Jeffreys is married to fellow journalist Peter Stefanovic and they have two children, Oscar and Henry.
- She started her career joining as a reporter at the Nine News Network, where she served as a script assistant and covered lifestyle stories on Queensland Extra program.
- She was given an opportunity to work as a Weekend Weather presenter on Nine News Brisbane in 2011. And, she covered floods, cyclones and hurricanes, and other weather phenomena in her position as a weather reporter and anchor.
- In the year 2012, she joined the likes of “Today” as a reporter in Sydney for around a year.
- In the meantime she has worked for Nine News again as a reporter and has worked as a fill-in presenter on their programs including Nine Morning News, Nine Afternoon News, Weekend TODAY and TODAY.
- She replaces Georgia Gardener on Today in the year 2014 as a host.
- Channel Nine has assigned her to work host netball coverage and Fast5 Netball World Series in the year 2016.
- She began working as a presenter for the Nine Network’s A Current Affair in February 2019. In the same year, she was appointed as a host of 9NewsWatch and became the co-host of Today Extra.
- The Nine Network announced in February 2019 that Jeffreys would be spread across “a few departments,” including A Current Event.
- On 23 April 1986, Sylvia Jeffreys was born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia to Janine Jeffreys and Richard Jeffreys.
- She is currently the co-host of Today Extra with David Campbell, and she has previously worked as a news presenter on the Nine Network’s Today, a reporter and presenter on Nine News, and a reporter on A Current Affair.
- In 2008, Sylvia began her career as a lifestyle reporter for Queensland’s Extra before returning to the newsroom in 2009.
- She is the brand ambassador for a Brisbane based organization called “Young Care” that mainly focuses on getting young people with disabilities out of aged care facilities.
- Sylvia is also the ambassador for the Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- She played Girls Cricket in high school.
- Sylvia began working as a script assistant at Nine Networks in August 2005.
- Sylvia joined “Today” in 2012 as the New South Wales reporter and was replaced in June 2013 by Natalia Cooper. She thenreturned to the show in 2014, replacing Georgie Gardner.
- Sylvia’s parents split when she was a toddler.
- Her first job was as a cashier at McDonald’s. She spent her first paycheck on a halter top and a denim skirt.