Mav Gonzales, also known as Maviel Gonzales is a famous News anchor, sports & Senate reporter for News anchor, sports & Senate reporter for popular television Filipino channel GMA 7. Mav Gonzales is without a doubt one of the prettiest faces that we see in news and public affairs programs these days. For some reason, watching news about serious and sometimes heavy topics seem bearable when someone as beautiful as Mav is on screen giving you the details of the story.
But of course, Mav is much more than just a pretty face. Aside from having a good head on her shoulders, Mav is a woman who has plenty of accomplishments. Plus, she’s a woman of faith and has a heart as beautiful as she is on the outside.
We often see Mav in GMA News and Public Affairs programs such as 24 Oras Weekend, 24 Oras News Alert, and News TV Live.
Mav Gonzales Early Life:
Mav Gonzales was born on November 14, 1989 in Philippines. She has a sister named Molie.
Mav Gonzales, graduated as class valedictorian (and with other honors) from St. James Academy in 2007. Plus, she also graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2011 as cum laude. She took up Bachelor of Arts in Communication and was a full scholar. She was also a Dean’s Lister and Director’s Lister.
Mav Gonzales first became a TV host when she was a kid. From 1998 to 2005, she was one of the hosts of the Kapuso children’s program ‘Chikiting Patrol.’ Mav Gonzales became a student broadcaster for Radio Veritas in 2006 and a student jock for radio station NU 107 from 2008 to 2010.
Mav Gonzales Career:
what most people don’t know is that before Mav became a Kapuso field reporter, news anchor and host, she had several work experiences in different media platforms.
Mav’s first experience as a TV host was when she hosted a children’s show in 1998 to 2005. After that, she also worked as a student disc jockey for a radio station, a sports correspondent in a college basketball league, a courtside reporter for a national basketball league, a writer for print and online media, and a host of web programs.
This 2021, Mav is excited to host a TV show once again along with fellow Kapuso anchor and reporter Oscar Oida.
Mav and Oscar are set to bring good vibes and positivity on On Record. The 30-minute magazine program will premiere on February 16, Tuesday, 11:30 p.m. on GMA-7.
It will feature videos of special moments caught on cam, trending videos, celebrity features, and champion different advocacies, depending on the theme of each episode.
Mav Gonzales Net Worth:
Mav Gonzales net worth or net income is estimated to be between $1 Million – $5 Million dollars. She has made such amount of wealth from her primary career as Sportscaster. There is no authentic source though but it can be called as an estimate for now.
Mav Gonzales Husband:
Mav has never been married. If there is an official update on her wedding it will be updated here.
Mav Gonzales Biography
|Real Name||Maviel Gonzales|
|Profession||Television personality, News personality|
|Date of Birth||14 November 1989|
|Age||32 Years (as on 2022)|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Birth Place||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Height||5′ 5″ (1.65 m)|
|College||Ateneo de Manila University|
|Favourite Actor||Dwayne Johnson|
|Favourite News Reader||Ainsley Earhardt & Tairy Ynoa|
Mav Gonzales Facts:
- Maviel Gonzales, more popularly known as Mav Gonzales, graduated as class valedictorian (and with other honors) from St. James Academy in 2007.
- Mav Gonzales first became a TV host when she was a kid. From 1998 to 2005, she was one of the hosts of the Kapuso children’s program ‘Chikiting Patrol.’
- In 2004, when Mav Gonzales was a first-year high school student, she was a video jockey (VJ) in the music channel MYX.
- Mav became a student broadcaster for Radio Veritas in 2006 and a student jock for radio station NU 107 from 2008 to 2010.
- Mav Gonzales was also a UAAP sports correspondent back in 2008.
- Mav also worked as a writer/contributor for Meg Magazine from 2011 to 2012. She was also a writer for Yahoo! Southeast Asia in 2010 and an online sports reporter for GMA News Online from 2011 to 2012.
- Mav Gonzales was also a courtside reporter for the PBA D-League from 2011 to 2012.
- In 2011, she also hosted GMA’s online show ‘For the Win.’ And at present, she has her own web show called ‘Tita Mav Knows (Boiling Waters),’ which she launched in 2020.
- We often hear Mav Gonzales’s voice when watching the news. But did you know that she actually has a good singing voice? In fact, she’s a volunteer in their church’s music team. You should definitely check out some of the covers she uploaded on IG and her YouTube channel.
- Although not always seen on TV, Mav Gonzales has some cool tattoos. She has a cross tattooed on her right arm by Whang-Od.
- She also has small circles tatted on her left wrist and a letter M on her right index finger.
- Mav Gonzales considers her coverage of the Taal Volcano eruption in 2020 as one of her greatest achievement as of late. She wrote on her resume: “I was the first reporter to break the story and I stayed in ground zero to deliver updates on evacuation, relief and recovery efforts.”
- Of all the citations and awards that Mav Gonzales has received during the span of her career, her favorite is the Save the Children citation for her ‘Brigada’ documentary about children walking long distances just to get potable water. She said on her resume: “This is one story where I believe we were able to really shed light on issues that are not usually noticed. After the story aired, the local government vowed to fix the water supply on their island.”
- Some of the advocacies that Mav supports are organ donation and educational aid for less fortunate children.
- Mav Gonzales recently became the celebrity player in ‘Eat Bulaga’s famous segment ‘Bawal Judgmental.’ She and her home partner took home P45,000 after committing only one mistake during the game.
- Last 2021, Mav Gonzales has brought in some good vibes and optimism in her new show ‘On Record,’ which she hosted with Oscar Oida.
- She has 70,000 total followers on Instagram.
- She received a bachelor’s degree in communication from Ateneo de Manila University.
- She posted a selfie to her Instagram with Manny Pacquiao in July 2018.