Suraj Sharma grew up in New Delhi, India. At the age of 17, he was chosen by director Ang Lee from thousands of contenders for the lead role in the feature film “Life of Pi.” Since then, he has appeared in the feature film “Million Dollar Arm” alongside Jon Hamm, and had a recurring role in the television series “Homeland,” all while studying film and television at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Sharma landed the lead role in the 2015 independent production “Umkira,” shot on location in the working-class quarters of Mumbai. “Umkira” won the Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival and received wide international appreciation. Sharma starred opposite leading Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in the film “Phillauri,” which marked his debut in commercial Indian cinema. In addition, he has shared the screen with several iconic Indian actors, including Irrfan Khan and Naseeruddin Shan.
Sharma, who has been featured in Vanity Fair, Vogue and GQ, is currently based in Los Angeles and Mumbai. He loves playing and watching soccer and is a fan of Manchester United. He is a black belt in karate and enjoys photography, painting, hiking and writing bad songs.
His birthday is March 21. Follow him on Instagram @canttakeadamnpicture and on Twitter @iamsurajsharma.
Also Read: Saiee Manjrekar Wiki, Bio, Height, Husband, Age, Images and More
|Bio of Suraj Sharma|
|Real Name||Suraj Sharma|
|Famous Role||Pi Patel in Life of Pi (2012)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 kg|
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 38 Inches|
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||21 March 1993|
|Age (as in 2016)||23 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi; G. D. Goenka Public School, New Delhi|
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours)|
|Debut||Film Debut: Life of Pi (Hollywood, 2012), Umrika (Bollywood, 2015)|
TV Debut: Homeland (American, 2014-2015)
|Family||Father– Gokul Churai (Software Engineer)|
Mother– Shailaja (Economist)
Brother– Sriharsh Sharma (Actor)
Sister– Dhruvatara Sharma
|Favorite Film||The Lion King (Hollywood, 1994)|
|Favorite Rappers||Snoop Dogg, The Notorious B.I.G.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Facts About Suraj Sharma
- Does Suraj Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Suraj Sharma drink alcohol?: No
- Suraj belongs to a Malayali family.
- He started his acting career in 2012 by playing the lead role of Pi Patel in the Hollywood film Life of Pi (2012).
- Suraj was selected among 3000 boys, who came for the audition for the role of Pi. His expressive eyes and innocent appearance helped him grab the role.
- In 2012, he won the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award for Youth for Life of Pi.
- In 2013, he also won MTV Movie Award for Best Scared-As-Shit Performance and Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor for the film Life of Pi.
- In 2015, he won London Indian Film Festival for Pure Heaven Outstanding Young Talent Award.