Jennifer Garner is an American actress, advocate, and entrepreneur. She first garnered national attention in 2001’s Pearl Harbor where she met ex-husband Ben Affleck. She’s also starred in Alias, Daredevil, Elektra, 13 Going On 30, and Dallas Buyers Club. Jennifer Garner is an American actress. Born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Charleston, West Virginia, Garner studied theater at Denison University and began acting as an understudy for the Roundabout Theatre Company in New York City.
Jennifer Garner, who catapulted into stardom with her lead role on the television series Alias (2001), has come a long way from her birthplace of Houston, Texas. Raised in Charleston, West Virginia by her mother Patricia Ann, a retired English teacher, and her father, William John Garner, a former chemical engineer, she is the second of their three daughters. She spent nine years of her adolescence studying ballet, and characterizes her years in dance as consisting of determination rather than talent, being driven mostly by a love of the stage.
Jennifer took this determination with her when she enrolled at Denison University as a chemistry major; later she changed her major when she discovered that her passion for the stage was stronger than her love of science. New York attracted the young actress after college, and she worked as a hostess while pursuing a career in film and television. Her most recent move has been to Los Angeles, a decision that led to a role on the television series Felicity (1998), where she met her future husband Scott Foley. The couple divorced in 2004.
Jennifer starred in the television series Alias (2001) as Agent Sydney Bristow, who works for the Central Intelligence Agency. For her work, Garner has received four consecutive Emmy nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. She has also received four Golden Globe nominations and won once, as well as received two Screen Actors Guild Award nominations, and won once. She has appeared in numerous other television production as well as such films as Elektra (2005), 13 Going on 30 (2004), Daredevil (2003), Pearl Harbor (2001) and Dude, Where’s My Car? (2000). Aside from filming Alias (2001), Jennifer enjoys cooking, gardening, hiking, and–inspired by her character on the series–kickboxing.
Jennifer made her acting debut way back in 1995 from the television film, Danielle Steel’s Zoya. Later, she appeared in many television shows and films. She has done some really amazing films like Pearl Harbor, Daredevil, Elektra, Juno, and many more.
She has also done two theaters, which really shows her acting skills. She has won numerous awards and honors in her long and illustrious career. She has won awards like, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and many more.
Jennifer Garner Biography
Jennifer Anne Garner is a very successful woman, who has achieved a lot of success in her career. She was born in Houston, Texas, United States, on 17 April, 1972. Her parents were both associated with different works. Her father was a chemical engineer, whereas her mother was a homemaker and English teacher. She left Houston at the age of three and moved to Charleston, West Virginia.
She also has one older sister, with whom she has spent her early childhood. She was born in a simple middle class family, but a very conservative one. As a child, Jennifer and her sister were not allowed to do any makeup or wear any earrings or anything. She later got interested in acting, and started working after her studies got over.
Jennifer Garner Education:
Jennifer Garner has been raised very conservatively, as she was strictly prohibited from using makeup, jewelleries, or anything till her schools are over. She later went to George Washington High School, from where she completed her schooling. Later she went to Denison University and completed her graduation.
Jennifer Garner Net Worth:
Jennifer Garner’s net worth is approximated to be around $80 million. Jennifer Garner is one of the highly acclaimed successful actresses of Hollywood. She is a highly decorated actress, who has won numerous milestones in her career.
Relationships and family:
Garner met co-star Scott Foley on the set of Felicity in 1998. They married in a ceremony at their home on October 19, 2000. The couple separated in March 2003. Garner filed for divorce in May 2003, citing irreconcilable differences, and divorce papers were signed in March 2004. She dated her Alias co-star Michael Vartan from August 2003 to mid-2004.
Garner began dating Ben Affleck in mid-2004, having established a friendship on the sets of Pearl Harbor (2001) and Daredevil (2003). They were married on June 29, 2005, in a private Turks and Caicos ceremony. Victor Garber, who officiated the ceremony, and his later husband, Rainer Andreesen, were the only guests. Garner and Affleck have three children together: two daughters, Violet Anne Affleck born in 2005 and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck born in 2009, and one son, Samuel Garner Affleck born in 2012.
The couple announced their intention to divorce in June 2015, and jointly filed legal documents in April 2017, seeking joint physical and legal custody of their children. The divorce was finalized in October 2018. Garner supported Affleck’s struggles with alcoholism during and after their marriage and said in 2020 that attending Al-Anon meetings changed “the dance” of their relationship. She dated businessman John C. Miller from mid-2018 to early 2020.
Jennifer Garner Biography
|Real Name||Jennifer Anne Garner|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1972|
|Age||49 years old (in 2022)|
|Father Name||William John Garner|
|Mother Name||Patricia Ann|
|Height||5′ 8″ (1.73 m)|
|Ancestry||English with smaller amounts of Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern-Irish, German, and Swiss-German|
|School||George Washington High School|
|Siblings||Susannah Kay Garner Carpenter, Melissa Garner Wylie|
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Education||Graduation (Denison University)|
|Net Worth||$80 Million (Approx.)|
|Spouse||Ben Affleck (m. 2005–2018), Scott Foley (m. 2000–2004)|
|Children||Violet Affleck, Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck, Samuel Garner Affleck|
Jennifer Garner Activism:
Garner is a strong advocate for early childhood education. She is an ambassador and serves on the board of trustees for Save the Children, which promotes national literacy and early education efforts. She frequently visits families involved in the Early Steps to School Success program, which helps families get assistance with early childhood education.
While Jennifer has stated she is not an overly political person, she has donated to various democratic politicians including Wendy Davis. Garner also hosted two fundraisers for Barack Obama in 2008, and a fundraiser in support of Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Garner is vocally supportive of laws that protect children of celebrities from paparazzi. She testified alongside Halle Berry in August 2013 in support of a bill to protect kids from photographer harassment, which passed and is now California law.
Jennifer Garner Accolades:
Jennifer Garner is a very successful actress, who made her acting debut way back in 1995. She made her debut with television films, although that never made her famous. She became famous and successful in 2001, after joining the television series Alias (2001-2006). Her work in the show won her several awards and accolades too. Later, in 2004, she featured in the movie named 13 Going on 30. It became famous too.
Later, she appeared in two superhero movies, playing the role of Elektra in Daredevil (2003) and Elektra (2005). Her later works became famous specially for her comedy works. Her role in movies like, Juno, Valentine’s Day, The Invention of Lying, etc., became really successful.
In 2002 she won a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama for Alias. She won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2005 for the same role. Garner has won several other awards and been nominated for more than 50 including three other Golden Globes and four Primetime Emmy Awards.
Jennifer Garner Real Estate:
In 2009, Jen and Ben spent $17.55 million for a home in LA’s Pacific Palisades neighborhood. The seller was super-producer Brian Grazer. Jennifer continued living in this house until late 2018. After she and the kids moved out, Ben and Jen sold this mansion to Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine for $32 million in December 2018. Here’s a video tour of this incredible 3-acre property: In early 2019, Jennifer spent $8 million on a new home in Los Angeles’ Brentwood Park neighborhood. In April 2018, Ben bought himself a $19 million mansion in the Pacific Palisades.
Jennifer Garner Facts:
- Met her first husband Scott Foley on the set of Felicity (1998).
- Attended and graduated from George Washington High School in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Received her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts for Theatre from Denison University in Granville, Ohio. 
- She was going to attend Yale University to study drama but got an acting job in New York City instead.
- Named one of People magazine’s “Breakthrough Stars of 2001”.
- Used to be a hostess at Isabella’s restaurant in New York when she was trying to launch her acting career.
- Named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Ranked #1 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2002 list.
- Is a trained ballerina who initially left dance for theater acting.
- Played saxophone in high school. She called her instrument,”Sally the Sexy Saxophone.”.
- Early in the filming of Daredevil (2003), while doing a stunt, she became tangled in the wires that were helping her do a flip; she nearly crashed into a wall from which she had to flip.. Ben Affleck, rushed up in his Daredevil costume and grabbed her and pulled her away before she could hit it. She later commented, “It was like he was Superman.”.
- Is a member of Pi Beta Phi national sorority, Ohio Eta Chapter.
- Daughter of Patricia Ann and William John Garner and has two sisters: Melissa Garner (who has a son, Jack) and Susannah Garner (who has a daughter, Emma).
- Alias (2001) creator J.J. Abrams gave her a pink bicycle for her birthday. Being the first one on set, she would often greet the series’ production crew by ringing the bells on the bike’s handlebars.
- Father is a chemical engineer, mother is an English teacher.
- Ranked #14 on Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” list. 
- Often confused with actress Amy Jo Johnson. Garner admitted that sometimes she is asked to autograph photos that turn out to be of Johnson.
- One of her call signs on Alias (2001) is “Mountaineer”. She was raised in West Virginia, and the Mountaineer is the mascot of West Virginia University.
- While filming a sai/sword fight in Elektra (2005), accidentally got her knuckles sliced by Will Yun Lee. She got her knuckles patched up, and when she and Lee resumed, he subsequently sliced her again in the exact same spot.
- Ranked #2 on FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in its 2005 special supplement.
- Her husband Ben Affleck was her co-star in Daredevil (2003). The two met on the set of the movie Pearl Harbor (2001) but would not become a couple until Affleck’s very public relationship with singer/actress Jennifer Lopez ended.
- In 13 Going on 30 (2004), her character is editor of a magazine that features Jennifer Lopez on the cover. Lopez was engaged to Garner’s husband Ben Affleck.
- Sister-in-law of Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix.
- Wears green contact lenses in Daredevil (2003) and Elektra (2005), although the comic-book version of Elektra has brown eyes (her own natural color).
- During her appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992), she accidentally revealed the sex of her unborn baby. [September 2005]
- She married Ben Affleck at the exclusive Parrot Cay resort on the Turks and Caicos Islands in the Caribbean.
- Following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, she was the host of a recruitment video for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) aimed at young professionals the agency wanted to interest in careers with them.
- Has appeared with husband Ben Affleck in two movies: Pearl Harbor (2001) and Daredevil (2003). This would have been the third, but Affleck’s small scene in Elektra (2005) was deleted from the final film.
- Ranked #3 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Was born in Texas but raised in West Virginia.
- Was listed as a potential nominee for Worst Actress on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot, for her performance in Elektra (2005). She was not nominated.
Is one of four actresses to play Clara Allen in the “Lonesome Dove” series. The role was first played by Anjelica Huston in Lonesome Dove (1989), and then Barbara Hershey in Return to Lonesome Dove (1993). Garner plays the younger, unmarried Clara Forsythe in Dead Man’s Walk (1996). Linda Cardellini takes over the role in Comanche Moon (2008). Of the four actresses, she is the only one who, like her character, is from Texas.
Husband Ben Affleck asked for her hand in marriage with a Neil Lane eternity band with round diamonds.
- Alias (2001) castmate Victor Garber took an Internet guide to officiating at weddings to marry Jennifer and Ben Affleck. Besides Garner and Affleck, Garber was the only other person at the wedding.
- Ranked #12 on FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in its 2006 special supplement.
- Her wedding gown was by Vera Wang; Ben Affleck wore Hugo Boss.
- She and husband Ben Affleck both had movies released on January 26, 2007. Hers was Catch and Release (2006) and his was Smokin’ Aces (2006).
- Ranked #35 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2007 list.
- She was set to star with Adam Sandler in Reign Over Me (2007), playing the role Liv Tyler did, but she dropped out several weeks before filming began.
- She appears in The Kingdom (2007) with Chris Cooper and Danny Huston. Huston’s sister, Anjelica Huston, appeared with Cooper in Lonesome Dove (1989). Garner played the younger version of Huston’s character in Dead Man’s Walk (1996).
- While starring in Alias (2001), she played opposite Peter Berg in two episodes (he played her ex-boyfriend). He later went on to direct her in The Kingdom (2007).
- Was named the 2007 West Virginian of the Year by the Charleston Gazette.
- In 2006, she had to have her ears pierced especially to be able to wear the $250,000 diamond chandelier-style earrings she wore to that year’s Academy Awards ceremony, but then let them heal up again after the ceremony.
- Ranked #20 on Wizard magazine’s “Sexiest Women of Television” (for her role as Sydney Bristow on Alias (2001)). [March 2008]
- Ranked #44 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Registered to vote in the 2008 Presidential election as ‘Jennifer Affleck..’.
- At the end of January 2009, Jennifer and her older sister Melissa both had their ears pierced during a visit to a Santa Monica, California medical center. It was Jennifer’s third time (she had let them heal up in 1999 and 2006), but Melissa’s first.
- She was considered for the role of Carol Ferris in Green Lantern (2011), which went to Blake Lively.
- Has 3 children: daughters, Violet Affleck (b. December 1, 2005) & Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck (b. January 6, 2009) and son, Samuel Garner Affleck (b. February 27, 2012) with ex-husband, Ben Affleck.
- Was 3 months pregnant with her son Samuel when she completed filming on The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012).
- Had a relationship with her Alias (2001) co-star, Michael Vartan, from 2003-2004.
In 2009, Jennifer used the same church twice in two different movies that her character was married in, The Invention of Lying (2009) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009). The Martha-Mary Chapel was built by Henry Ford in Sudbury, Massachusetts and is dedicated to Henry and Clara Ford’s mothers, Martha Bryant and Mary Litogot Ford.
- Her ancestry is English with smaller amounts of Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern-Irish, German, and Swiss-German.
- She and Ben Affleck announced their separation on June 30, 2015–exactly 10 years and one day after their wedding occurred. On March 8, 2017, it was reported that they called off the divorce, but they filed for divorce again the next month.
- She once cleaned toilets as a summer job.
- In both 13 Going on 30 (2004) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009), the younger version of her character was played by Christa B. Allen.
- While still a struggling actress, Jennifer once babysat for Stephen Colbert after they became acquainted as cameo stars on Spin City: The Competition (1996). Stephen and wife Evelyn had just had daughter Madeleine.
- Friends with Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Simpson, Keri Russell, Victor Garber and Jean Louisa Kelly.
- Ranked #11 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2003 list.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6920 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on August 20, 2018.
- Co-founder of baby-food line “Once Upon a Farm, which produces “farm-to-high-chair” quality meals for children. 
- Part of owners group (with Eva Longoria, Natalie Portman & Mia Hamm) which is launching the National Women’s Soccer League franchise in Los Angeles in 2022.
- Is an avid beekeeper.
- Born at 10:00am-CST.
- Board Member of Save The Children.
- No relation to James Garner (of “Maverick” & “Rockford Files” fame), despite a popular misconception.
- Turned down roles in “Popular”, “Get Real” and “Roswell” in order to get cast in “Time of Your Life”.