Mila Kunis is an American actress. In 1991, at the age of seven, she and her Jewish family fled from Soviet Ukraine to the United States. At age 14, Kunis began playing Jackie Burkhart on the Fox television series That ’70s Show. Since 1999, she has voiced Meg Griffin on the Fox animated series Family Guy. Mila Kunis was born Milena Markovna Kunis (Ukrainian: Miléna Márkivna Kúnis, Russian: Miléna Márkovna Kúnis) to a Jewish family in Chernivtsi, Ukraine, USSR (now independent Ukraine). The spoken language in her family is Russian, not Ukrainian.
Her mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher, her father, Mark Kunis, is a mechanical engineer, and she has an older brother named Michael. Her family moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1991. After attending one semester of college between gigs, she realized that she wanted to act for the rest of her life. She started acting when she was nine years old, when her father heard about an acting class on the radio and decided to enroll Mila in it. There, she met her future agent. Her first gig was when she played a character named Melinda in Make a Wish, Molly (1995). From there, her career skyrocketed into big-budget films.
Although she is mostly known for playing Jackie Burkhart on That ’70s Show (1998), she has shown the world that she can do so much more. Since 1999, she provided the voice of self-conscious daughter Meg Griffin on the animated sitcom Family Guy (1999). Her breakthrough film was Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008), in which she played a free-spirited character named Rachel Jansen. She has since starred or co-starred in the films Max Payne (2008), The Book of Eli (2010), Black Swan (2010), Friends with Benefits (2011), Ted (2012) and Oz the Great and Powerful (2013).
Mila Kunis is married to actor Ashton Kutcher, with whom she has two children.
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher:
Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis made That ‘70s Show fans’ dreams come true when they began dating in 2012.
The costars appeared as Michael Kelso and Jackie Burkhart from 1998 to 2006. Kutcher married Demi Moore in September 2005, but their relationship ended six years later. They finalized their divorce in November 2013.
After reconnecting, the Ranch star and Kunis shifted their friendship into a full-fledged romance in 2012. The twosome got engaged in February 2014 and tied the knot in July 2015. In the meantime, they welcomed daughter Wyatt in October 2014 and son Dimitri in November 2016.
“I did a movie called Friends With Benefits. He did a movie that was very similar: No Strings Attached,” the actress recalled on the “WTF” podcast in July 2018. “We lived our movies out, where we were like, ‘Let’s just hook up. Let’s have fun. We’re both single. We both trust each other. Everything’s great.’ None of us wanted tension. OK, great. We hooked up for three months. And just like our movies, one of us caught feelings.”
Kunis got jealous when Kutcher revealed he was dating someone else. After admitting her realization to him, he asked her to move in with him.
She later pointed out that they forged ahead despite public perception and events from previous relationships. “We went into this relationship super transparent with one another, so we knew 100 percent each other’s faults, we knew exactly who we were,” she explained on the “Armchair Expert” podcast in July 2018. “And we were like, ‘I accept you for who you are.’”
The Bad Moms star noted in August 2018 that their onscreen collaborations were likely in the past. “Probably not going to happen,” she confessed on Sunday TODAY With Willie Geist. “I can’t look at him and not be like, ‘What are you doing?’ It’s like a weird — no, no, it’s weird.”
Kutcher and Kunis met on the set of the 1998 hit comedy series That ’70s Show. The onscreen couple attended the 50th annual Primetime Emmy Awards with costars Wilmer Valderrama, Topher Grace, Laura Prepon and Danny Masterson at the Shrine Auditorium in L.A.
In the Season 5 episode “Immigrant Song,” Michel Kelso (Kutcher) tries to win back Jackie Burkhart (Kunis). The actress, who shared her first kiss with Kutcher on That ’70s Show, confessed on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in June 2012 that she lied about her age to producers to get the part of Jackie. “Legally I was 14, but I told them I was a little bit older,” she said. “I told them I was gonna be 18, which is not technically a lie, cause at one point . . . I was gonna be 18.”
Kutcher and Kunis shared a laugh during the FOX Television Critics Association Press Tour at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood. “People think Ashton has changed,” Kunis told Parade magazine in October 2007. “He’s still the same old goofball that he used to be.”
After That ’70s Show ended in 2006, the costars caught up at the 7th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in L.A. Kutcher married Moore in 2005, and Kunis had been dating actor Macaulay Culkin since 2002.
The twosome took their relationship public in August when they went on a romantic vacation together to Bali. The former costars even held hands as they walked through the airport. “Mila is throwing caution to the wind!” a source told Us. “She’s having fun.”
After three years of dating, the couple tied the knot at a private ceremony in Oak Glen, California, on the Fourth of July. Speaking to Glamour in 2016, Mila admitted that she didn’t believe in marriage, however.
“I grew up in West Hollywood, and my brother has reminded me that when I was like 12, I said, ‘When gay people can get married, then I’ll get married.’ I was ahead of my time. The Supreme Court decision [on same-sex marriage came down], and that’s when Ashton and I got married,” she said.
Mila Kunis Kids:
Mila Kunis has a daughter, Wyatt Isabelle, born in October 2014 and a son, Dimitri Portwood, born in November 2016. Mila Kunis brought along daughter Wyatt and son Dimitri for a shopping day in Los Angeles, just days before Christmas in December 2021.
Mila and Ashton, who met on the set of That ’70s Show, are such loving parents to their kids. However, the A-list couple did find themselves at the center of a parenting controversy over the summer, after making some surprising confessions about their kids’ bathing schedules on Dax Shepard and Monica Padman’s Armchair Expert podcast.
On October 1, 2014, the couple welcomed their first child, Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher, at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles. Per Us Weekly, Ashton told Conan O’Brien that parenthood is “the greatest thing on earth.” He continues, “We’re really privileged that we have time and can afford to take time. So we don’t have a nanny or a night nurse or any of that stuff. It’s just the two of us.”
The couple welcomed their second child, a son named Dimitri Portwood Kutcher, at the end of 2016, completing their family.
Mila Kunis Net Worth:
Mila Kunis is a Ukrainian-born actress who has a net worth of $75 million. Although Kunis gained early notoriety for her central role in That 70s Show, she later branched out to become a successful film actress. In addition, Mila Kunis has become an established voice actor who is primarily known for providing the voice of “Meg” on the animated series Family Guy.
Family Guy Salary
The principal Family Guy voice actors each earn $100,000 per episode. That works out to around $2 million per year, per actor. They can earn additional royalties from the sale of DVDs, merchandise and syndication deals. By comparison, the principal voice actors on The Simpsons each earn $300,000 per year but they negotiated a larger deal several years back after threatening to walk away forever.
In 2008 Mila paid $2.9 million for a home in the Laurel Canyon area of LA. In 2002 she paid $540,000 for a condo in West Hollywood.
In May 2014 Ashton and Mila paid $10.2 million for a home in Beverly Hills. They listed the home in 2020 for a little under $14 million. They ultimately accepted $10.35 million in January 2022.
In June 2017 they paid $10 million for a beachfront home in Carpenteria, California, near Santa Barbara. The property is made up of two houses spread across a combined 3,100-square-feet of interior living space.
Their primary home is a 6-acre property in Beverly Hills that was photographed for Architectural Digest in August 2021.
Mila Kunis Biography
|Real Name||Milena Markovna Kunis|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1983|
|Father Name||Mark Kunis (Mchanical Engineer)|
|Mother Name||Elvira Kunis (Physics Teacher)|
|Height||5′ 4″ (1.63 m)|
|School||Rosewood Elementary School|
|College||University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles,|
|Son||Dimitri Portwood Kutcher|
|Daughter||Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher|
|Husband||Ashton Kutcher (m. 2015)|
|Current City||Los Angles, California|
Mila Kunis All Facts
- Mila and her family moved from Ukraine to Los Angeles, California, when she was age seven. Her father Mark is a mechanical engineer. Her mother Elvira is a physics teacher. Her brother Michael is a biochemist.
- Attended and graduated from Fairfax Senior High School in June 2001, with Fernanda Romero. However, she missed her senior prom because of a scheduling conflict.
Auditioned for the situation comedy That ’70s Show (1998) at age 14. Though actors had to be at least 18 to get the role, she truthfully claimed she would be 18 on her birthday, not specifying which birthday, and won the role.
- Terrified of bugs so much that during her May 2004 appearance on Late Night with Conan O’Brien (1993), she ran offstage when the Bug Man appeared after her interview.
- Ranked #54 on Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2002.
She and Laura Prepon were often filmed sitting down for their scenes on That ’70s Show (1998) because Laura, at 5′ 10″, is six inches taller than Mila, at 5′ 4″. In other scenes,
- Mila wore platform shoes to give her four extra inches.
- Is a huge fan of the hard rock band Aerosmith.
- At age nine, she started to take afterschool acting classes at the Beverly Hills Studios. At one of the Studios’ public showcases, Mila was approached by entertainment manager Susan Curtis, who offered to make her a client.
- Her best friend was Maria Osadchy when she was younger, an Aries whom she met in second grade. Maria is Russian and helped Mila learn English. In an interview, Mila hadMaria with her and talked about how they spent the night together on the weekends.
- Ranked #47 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2006.
- Her favorite movies are The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Dirty Dancing (1987).
- The shark-tooth necklace she wears in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) is designed by Pade Vavra Designs.
- Is a huge fan of the famed MMORPG World of Warcraft.
- Ranked #81 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2008.
- Learned how to use a gun while filming Max Payne (2008).
- The nude pictures of her in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) were not real, according to the film’s director, Nicholas Stoller.
- Auditioned for a role in the romantic comedy Knocked Up (2007).
- Was in a relationship with Macaulay Culkin (May 2002-December 2010).
- She and Sarah Michelle Gellar have a special credit in every episode of Robot Chicken (2005).
- She and Macaulay Culkin were on vacation in Israel in 2006 when a war broke out between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. They flew out of the country and back to the United States; Mila later stated that they were never in any danger from rocket fire.
- On the television show Loveline (1996), she mentioned that when she was younger, she had serious migraines that were caused by an eye condition. She had to insert steroid injections straight into her eye.
- Her name is pronounced MEE-luh koon-iss.
- Ranked #5 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2009.Close friends with James Franco, Natalie Portman and Topher Grace.
- Ranked #22 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2010.
- Mila said that she was blind in one eye due to a condition called chronic iritis. She underwent surgery to correct the blindness. [January 2011]
- Ranked #2 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2011.
- Ranked #5 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2011.
- Won the 2011 Guys Choice Award “Holy Grail of Hot” beating out Minka Kelly.
- Was invited via YouTube on July 7, 2011, to a US Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, MC, by Sgt. Scott Moore. At the time of the Internet invite, Moore was stationed in Musa Qala, Afghanistan, with the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines. Her Friends with Benefits (2011) co-star Justin Timberlake came into contact with Sgt. Moore after seeing his video and then contacted Kunis about the invite. Kunis accepted the invite on July 12, 2011.
- Ranked #6 on FHM Australia’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2011.
- Ranked #16 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2011.
- Ranked #14 on FHM UK’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2010.
- She and her ex-boyfriend, actor Macaulay Culkin, were close friends with Michael Jackson and his family for many years until Jackson’s death. Culkin is godfather of his children. Kunis attended a private funeral for Jackson on September 3, 2009, with Culkin.
- Ranked #13 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2012.
- Ranked #9 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2012.
- Ranked #3 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2012.
- Friends with Emma Stone and Justin Timberlake.
- Is a self-confessed huge fan of the Star Trek franchise.
- Esquire magazine’s “Sexiest Woman Alive” in 2012.
- Ranked #2 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2013.
- Had a body double for her nude scene in Friends with Benefits (2011).
- Ranked #1 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2013.
- Attended the San Diego Comic-Con in 2008, alongside director John Moore and Mark Wahlberg, to promote Max Payne (2008). She returned in 2009 to promote Extract (2009), The Book of Eli (2010), and Family Guy (1999).
- Sister-in-law of Alexandra Blacker, who trained her for her role in Black Swan (2010).
Has played two characters named “Rachel”: Rachael Newman in American Psycho 2 (2002), and Rachel Jansen in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008).
- Despite having different last names, she and her husband, Ashton Kutcher, have consecutive IMDb profile numbers. Mila has nm0005109 and Ashton has nm0005110.
Has appeared with Seth Green on two situation comedies: That ’70s Show (1998) and Family Guy (1999).
- Ranked #9 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2014.
- Attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) for a semester, and then transferred to Loyola Marymount University (LMU) in Los Angeles, California, before dropping out to continue her acting career.
- Has 2 children: daughter, Wyatt Isabelle (b. October 1, 2014) & son, Kutcher, Dimitri (b. November 30, 2016) with husband, Ashton Kutcher.
- She describes her role as Jupiter Jones in Jupiter Ascending (2015) as unhappy with her job and life, but also lazy and with no aspirations to do anything about this until Caine Wise (Channing Tatum) finds her.
- Not long after her relationship with Macaulay Culkin ended, she admitted that Ashton Kutcher was her celebrity crush. During that time, Ashton was married to Demi Moore.
Her first kiss was onscreen with Ashton Kutcher during That ’70s Show (1998). She was really nervous. To help her own confidence, she perfumed herself and acted cool towards Ashton. Ashton did not knew about this until three years later.
- Returned to work 16 months after giving birth to her daughter Wyatt to begin filming Bad Moms (2016).
- Was one month pregnant with her son Dimitri when she completed filming Bad Moms (2016).
- Counts Free Willy (1993) as the first movie that made her cry and this was also the very first movie she saw in the United States.
- Returned to work five months after giving birth to her son Dimitri to begin filming A Bad Moms Christmas (2017).
- Fifth highest paid actress of 2017 with $15.5 million.
- Ranked #4 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2013.
- Named to Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2016.
- Ranked #79 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2003.
- Ranked #11 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2015.
- Ranked #62 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2001.
- She holds dual American and Ukrainian nationality and citizenship.
- She is of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on both sides of her family.
- Speaks English and Russian fluently.
- Made her acting debut by appearing in a 1994 commercial for Mattel’s Glitter Hair Barbie Doll.
- Born at 5:00 PM (EEST).