Nimrat Khaira is a popular Punjabi Singer as well as Punjabi Actress who won the reality show Voice of Punjab season 3. She came into the spotlight after singing the Punjabi song “Ishq Kacheri.” Nimrat Khaira is an appealing personality who has won millions of hearts with her voice, simplicity, and sober looks. She performed at Saras Mela, held in Bathinda. She hosted the third edition of Radio Mirchi Music Awards.
She started her singing career from a duet song “Rab Karke” with Nishawn Bhullar, which was released on 24 September 2015 by record label Punj-aab Records. The song received good response from audience, but she got much fame through her next two songs “Ishq Kacheri” and “SP De Rank Wargi” both released in 2016. She continued her success with songs like “Salute Wajde” in 2016. In 2017, she launched many singles many of them overcame as massive hits like “Rohab Rakhdi”, “Dubai Wale Sheikh”, “Suit” and “Designer”. She also won Best female vocalist award for her duo “Dubai Wale Sheikh” from Manje Bistre at Brit Asia Awards and nominated at Filmare Punjabi Award. The song also peaked on UK Asian chart. Her single “Suit” entered top 20 in the chart.
Also, her song “Designer” produced by Deep Jandu came in controversy after a foreign composer “Zwirek” claimed the music and the song was removed from YouTube but later, the song was readded to YouTube after music was proved legally original.
Nimrat Khaira Early Life:
Nimrat Khaira was born on 22 December 1992 in Mustafapur, Punjab, INDIA. Her real name is Nimratpal Kaur Khaira but his fans call her ‘Nimmo’. She has started her career in 2015 with her debut song as a duet ‘Rabb Karke’ with Punjabi singer Nishawan Bhullar.
Nimrat was a studious child since childhood. Her parents wanted her to be an IAS officer. She took part in dance and other activities during her schooling and later developed an interest in Music. She started her classical music training when she was in the third standard from Sushi Narang.
Nimrat Khaira participated in the Reality show ‘Awaj Punjab Di’ when she was in 12th standard but got eliminated from the Top 20. In 2011, she again participated in the ‘Awaj Punjab Di’ but unfortunately again eliminated just one day prior to the Grand finale.
She hadn’t lost heart and finally, in 2012, she won ‘Voice of Punjab’ show.
Nimrat Khaira Movie Career:
She started her film career in 2017 with Lahoriye, wherein she played the role of Kikkar (Amrinder Gill)’s sister Harleen Kaur. Her performance in film was appreciated by audience. She was also nominated for Best Debut Performance and Best Supporting Actress in different Award Ceremonies.
Her second film Afsar released on 5 October 2018. Film marks as Debut as lead actress for Nimrat Khaira. In film, Nimrat Khaira had shared screen with Tarsem Jassar. She had played the role of Harman who is Teacher in Government school. Her film Jodi, which is written and directed by Amberdeep Singh, is set to be released in 2020. In the film, she is co-starring Diljit Dosanjh. It is her second collaboration with Singh and Rhythm Boyz Entertainment after Lahoriye (2017).
She is co-starring Ammy Virk and Sargun Mehta in another ambitious project of Amberdeep Singh, Saunkan Saunkne, which released in May 2022.
Saunkan Saunkne earned ₹2.25 crore in domestic box office on first day of its release.The film collected ₹4.52 crore at the North America box office, ₹1.2 crore from Australia, ₹91.11 lakhs from UK & Ireland, ₹35.09 lakhs at the New Zealand box office and ₹4.39 lakhs from Germany over the first weekend. Its Indian collection for the weekend is ₹9.18 crore, and as of 17 May 2022 it is ₹13.16 crore.
The film as of 9 June 2022, has grossed ₹55 crore worldwide.
Nimrat Khaira Biography:
|Real Name / Full Name||Nimratpal Kaur Khaira|
|Date of Birth||22 December 1992|
|Birth Place||Mustafapur (Gurdaspur), Punjab, INDIA|
|Height||in feet : 5’3″|
in centimeters: 160 cm
|Weight||in kgs : 54 kgs|
in pounds: 119 lbs
|Eyes Colour||Dark brown|
|Debut Song||Rabb Karke in 2015 with Nishawan Bhullar|
|First Film||Lahoriye in 2017 with Amrinder Gill|
|Boyfriend||Not Known Yet|
|Qualification||Post Graduate in Music Vocal, Biotechnology|
|School||DAV School, Batala, Punjab|
|College/ University||HMV College, Jalandhar|
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
|Awards||Best Female Vocalist for ‘Dubai wale Sheikh’|
|Father Name||Not known – Government employee in Forest Department|
More About Nimrat Khaira
- She is the winner of Voice of Punjab season 3 and started her singing career with a duet song “Rab Karke” with Nishawn Bhullar, which was released on 24 September 2015 by record label Punj-aab Records.
- Later, she got much fame through her next two songs “Ishq Kacheri” and “SP De Rank Wargi” both released in 2016 and received a good response from the audience.
- In 2017, she launched many singles many of them overcame as massive hits like Rohab Rakhdi, Dubai Wale Sheikh, Suit, and Designer.
- She also won the Best Female vocalist award for her duo ”Dubai Wale Sheikh” from Manje Bistre at Brit Asia Awards and nominated for Filmfare Punjabi Award.
- Her song “Designer” produced by Deep Jandu came into controversy after a foreign composer “Zwirek” claimed the music, and the song was removed from YouTube but later, the song was readded to YouTube after the music was proved legally original.
- She started her film career in 2017 with Lahoriye, where she played the role of Harleen Kaur as an Amrinder Gill sister, and her performance in the film was appreciated by the audience and also nominated for Best Debut Performance and Best Supporting Actress in different Award Ceremonies.
- Her second film Afsar released on 5 October 2018 and debut as a lead actress along with Tarsem Jassar. She had played the role of Harman who is a teacher in a Government school.
- Her film Jodi with co-starring Diljit Dosanjh, which is written and directed by Amberdeep Singh, is set to be released in 2021.